Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hidden gem

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hidden gem

One thing to keep in mind. That 4th round pick we got back rom the Dolphins will likely be the first pick of Day 3. This will be a valuable asset that many teams will covet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    One thing to keep in mind. That 4th round pick we got back rom the Dolphins will likely be the first pick of Day 3. This will be a valuable asset that many teams will covet.
    very good point, should make for interesting message boards discussion.

this year that pick turned out to be WR Hakeem Butler...

Starter

User Info Menu

We will be hurting to fill our needs with only a couple picks that draft. With only a second and a couple 4ths, finding a starter will be very difficult. I can't see us trading away the first pick in the 4th for a later 4th and a 5th or 6th.
    Dupree and ilb will need starters. Te, wr as #2's. At a minimum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Exactly right. If that is how it plays out the 97th plus pick apx based on comp picks is worth 112 on DVT. There will be more then one team looking to jump up into that spot. Early 4 could be turned into 2 4's or a 4 n a 5.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

who's the MAC sutton smith type player coming out in 2020?

Legend

User Info Menu

The ironic part, I read that MIA thinks their pick from the Steelers will be top 10 because Rudolph is the starter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The ironic part, I read that MIA thinks their pick from the Steelers will be top 10 because Rudolph is the starter.
    Thats fine. We got a great player and we'd be picking in the top 1/3 of Round 2.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Exactly right. If that is how it plays out the 97th plus pick apx based on comp picks is worth 112 on DVT. There will be more then one team looking to jump up into that spot. Early 4 could be turned into 2 4's or a 4 n a 5.
    Once again, we need a starting ilb and ilb. Doubt you find that with a late 4th and a 5th.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Are you sure? I thought I heard the 4th rounder we get is one the Dolphins had coming from the Titans. If that's the case, it probably won't be until the middle or latter part of round 4.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Once again, we need a starting ilb and ilb. Doubt you find that with a late 4th and a 5th.
    Where did we draft Ulysses Gilbert III? Wasnt that in the 5th? Maybe we will have Bush and Gilbert as our ILBs. VW as a backup and maybe they resign Barron. I could see us needing a TE to eventually replace McDonald. We just got Gentryas TE #2. We will have four capable WRs in Juju, Washington, Holden and Diontae Johnson. IIRC, Pouncey has said he would retire when Ben does. I think we will need to draft CB to replace Haden who is close to the end.