Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if:

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

What if:

1. Ben decides that he can no longer play starting 2020 and retires. What are the cap ramifications and does he still collect on his 3 year $91 million contract?
    2. Ben returns and plays like he started this year or worse and Rudolph has to sit. Does the front office have the stones to sit him like Eli Manning? 3. Does Rudolph sit like a good soldier and wait his turn or is he out of town the first chance he gets meaning we then start all over with drafting a new QB? 4. Mason lights it up this year and Ben pouts???

Legend

User Info Menu

imo Ben will finish the last 2 years of his contract (assuming he's healthy) and will be the starter.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    imo Ben will finish the last 2 years of his contract (assuming he's healthy) and will be the starter.
    And Rudolph will want out so he can start on another team and make some cash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the only caveat to my prediction is if Mason absolutely lights it up for the rest of this season.

although I hope he does, I just don't see that happening.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Mason is currently in year 2 of his standard 4 year rookie deal.

Based on the current CBA, NFL players are not eligible to start negotiating any contract extensions until after year 3 of their rookie deals.

If Ben is able to return next season, it will be year 1 of his recently signed 2 year extension.

So the current contracts for Ben and Mason both expire at the same time (after the 2021 season).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Im not thinking extension. I'm thinking demanding his way out. He saw how they did it for brown.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lets hope Mason balls n we'll worry about next year next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Lets hope Mason balls n we'll worry about next year next year.
    Amen, the coaching staff and front office get paid well to make those decisions. As much as I have enjoyed watching Ben for 16 years, if he's done, he's done and there isn't anything that I can do about that. I personally hope he isn't done, football is a lot of fun when he's playing.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have to agree when Ben is on he is fun to watch....he just has this stupid slow start crap like each year....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know what the future will bring - but I won't be disappointed if we're having to debate who the best QB for the Steelers will be in 2020.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!