Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 49ers Are a Really Good Team

Legend

User Info Menu

49ers Are a Really Good Team

I've been digging into the 49ers games so far this year and they are a really good team. It's going to be a tough weekend and it's easy to see why we're a 7 point underdog on the road. I'm surprised we're not a bigger underdog.

San Fran's Oline keeps Jimmy G clean. Their LT is hurt which opens up an opportunity for us, but we saw how our team played against a decimated line in NE, so I don't think it's going to be a big deal.

They can run the ball, they have a good TE, and they have some quality young WRs. These guys will be tough to defend.

And on D they bring the pressure. They have an awesome front 7 that's only going to get better in time. And their backups are better than most starters and they look to rotate guys a lot. They've got some lock down corners that are playing well. When I looked at how these guys are playing, they're every bit as good a team as NE and Seattle.

I really think the only question they have is how good is Jimmy G? He's never really played for an extended time. In 6 years in the league, he might almost have a full season's worth of stats by now. He looks solid and has played great so far this year, but if he gets thru a season, this will be his first.

If I'm being honest, all signs point to this being a loss. And it's going to likely be lopsided. Our only chance is likely if this team doesn't take us seriously without Ben and doesn't prepare because they expect a cake walk.

Just remember, when we likely lose, we're probably not going to be as bad as we look. I think we just got a buzzsaw of 3 really good teams to start the season and we could easily turn around in week 4 and start reeling off wins and getting right back into the mix and on a path toward the playoffs. It's not going to be easy, but I think it's doable.

Let's hope the 49ers already chalked this up as a win and overlook us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They struggled w/ the Bungholes.
    Going 3-0 is a lot harder than going 0-3 in the NFL.
    However its unknown at this point what Rudolph and Fitzpatrick will bring in this game.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

No game tape on Rudolph- advantage Steelers

Boz vs Gould- advantage Steelers

Steelers win a tight one in the end

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    No game tape on Rudolph- advantage Steelers

Boz vs Gould- advantage Steelers

Steelers win a tight one in the end
    One other potential positive is Vance is going against his former team, so I expect he wants to show off and would like a 2-3 TD performance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    a tight one in the end
    Probably not the best expression to use when describing your desired result from a trip to San Francisco.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Probably not the best expression to use when describing your desired result from a trip to San Francisco.

That’s some funny stuff right there

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Every game is going to be a challenge for this team, they are young, lost their QB for the season, they are missing 2 dynamic play makers (love em or hate em, they were dynamic), rookie in the middle of the defense, brand new guy at free safety and an offensive not living up to its billing so far. There are no easy games, I'm hoping they can scratch out 9 wins.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Starter

User Info Menu

Eh, doubt they have more than a few positions that are better than ours.

Legend

User Info Menu

Biggest problem I see, and I seen it even when Roethlisberger was playing; the 2019 version of the Pittsburgh Steelers has yet to establish an identity. It is the same problem the Browns have, a bunch of talented players that haven't yet learned to play together.
    Tomlin will get it together, just not sure when.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

I see what you did there....... and I <heart> it