Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Do we now have the best young Safety combo in the NFL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    LOL

Go Steelers!

I have to say... I'm very excited to watch the Steelers now. Even if we lose Sunday, I'm looking forward to watch the development of the younger guys. I'm going into this weekend with lowered expectations. And I have this feeling that Rudolph is going to exceed most expectations.
    Yup. A lot of people on here and in the media think we can’t win without Ben. I want Mason and Company to prove them wrong.

Regardless of the outcome I really hope to see encouraging and inspired football being played by this young group.

Hopefully they play with a chip on their shoulder.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I was reading something recently about how anger is addictive. People get high on the dopamine release and need more of it. It sounded a little strange, but it sorta ties into the whole outrage culture of the modern world we live in.

Creating conflict feeds the anger addict. And I guess it makes sense. If you think back from the time we were kids, everyone you listened to that discussed sports was generally angry. And they still are today. People probably don't start off miserable, but most learn it's the only tool they have to get a reaction. So the internet explodes with wannabee shock jocks whose only sense of purpose becomes getting others riled up and to join them in their addiction to anger. To feed their addiction, they need responses, likes, etc.

On some level, people are pulled toward either being outraged by everything or being outraged by people being outraged in order to feel included and have a common bond with one another. In some ways, I'm glad I'm socially unaware enough not to even notice when my thoughts don't agree with the majority. And in my small mind, the only rational thought seems to be that the only way to get by in this upside down world we live is to find humor in how little we all know.
    Or maybe we are just upset that our team is GARBAGE?

What a bunch of moronic psycho babble. YOU COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG FLIPPY!!!
    What I hate worse than losing are so called fans trying to explain the understandable distain some of us feel for this dumpster fire of a team.

I can’t believe the level of this kind of stupidity on this board trying to masquerade as “higher level” analysis of people’s fully justifiable anger.

I'm an idiot.
    The only true thing you said.
    And I bet I’m not the only one here who is fed up with this kind of nonsense.

Who here agrees with me that this kind of condescending garbage gets under their skin too?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-19-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

What I hate worse than losing are so called fans trying to explain the understandable distain some of us feel for this dumpster fire of a team.

I can’t believe the level of this kind of stupidity on this board trying to masquerade as “higher level” analysis of people’s fully justifiable anger.

Who here agrees with me that this kind of condescending garbage gets under their skin too?
    Cap, your being waaaaay to hard on Flippy. He said earlier that a lot of what he's saying is venting. He made that disclaimer up front. This is a place where you can vent or commiserate with your fellow Steeler fans. I thought.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

You almost got my point for the most part

The irony is I had to have some outrage to respond. And so did you. And so on, and so on...to infinity.

Feel free to be justifiably angry. Or happy. Or whatever. However you (or any other Steelers fan) finds your joy in life, it's all good. We're just here to pass the time until we pass. And I sincerely like everyone.

The only slight miss, is we're all idiots and all type senseless garbage. The garbage you type is no better or worse than the garbage I type or anyone else. Don't let it get under your skin. Not my intent to bother anyone.

Hopefully we all just type words for catharsis and you're getting yours

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Cap, your being waaaaay to hard on Flippy. He said earlier that a lot of what he's saying is venting. He made that disclaimer up front. This is a place where you can vent or commiserate with your fellow Steeler fans. I thought.
    "If you dont know me by now......you will, never never never know me.....oooooh."

Maniac......Read Flippy's post closely....then read mine.

Legend

User Info Menu

You almost got my point for the most part
    And you swing and miss my meaning completely my friend.
    Read your post and look at the details of my reply Flippy.

You are smart enough, don't make me explain.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-19-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Man, losing sucks....lol

Legend

User Info Menu

And you swing and miss my meaning completely my friend.
    Read your post and look at the details of my reply Flippy.

You are smart enough, don't make me explain.
    Dagummit, I'm not even as smart as Keith Butler, and you and I both know it...LOL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Rumblings are that the Jets may look to trade Jamal Adams.

Package up Artie Burns, Sean Davis, and Edmunds and ship them away for Adams, and put him at the back end with Minkah. Then we could really make a case for having the best young safety tandem.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Rumblings are that the Jets may look to trade Jamal Adams.

Package up Artie Burns, Sean Davis, and Edmunds and ship them away for Adams, and put him at the back end with Minkah. Then we could really make a case for having the best young safety tandem.
    Why not. We'd definitely have the best pair of young safeties.

But we'd probably have to give up our 2021 1st rounder which on some level might be worth it if we didn't already have Edmunds. I think we'd just stick with Edmunds and hope his play catches up to his athleticism this season.

I still think Edmunds has a lot of potential even though he's nowhere close to Adams as a player.