Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Paxton Lynch

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    My main memory of the Tommy Maddox era in Pittsburgh involved him absolutely handing a game to the crappy Texans back during Houston's inaugural season in the NFL since the Oilers left for Tennessee.

If I recall correctly, our defense back then absolutely manhandled the Houston offense, but we still lost by something like 3 TD's, all of which were the result of Maddox turnovers.

I think we would have won the game easily if our quarterback didn't throw a couple of pick sixes and another fumble that returned for a TD against us as well.

It was the most frustrating, befuddling game I ever attended...by far.
    I think the D had something like 100 yards allowed in that game.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I always thought it was his OCs after Chan left. They tried to force him to be something he wasn't.
    He was replaced with Ray Sherman who tried to implement a Power Running Game with a Short, Quick Passing attack. Recipe for Disaster.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think the D had something like 100 yards allowed in that game.
    Nothing like a Tuff, Strong D!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    He was replaced with Ray Sherman who tried to implement a Power Running Game with a Short, Quick Passing attack. Recipe for Disaster.
    I thought that Kordell was very involved with the OC search that eventually hired Sherman.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I thought that Kordell was very involved with the OC search that eventually hired Sherman.
    Well if he was he should never become an NFL GM!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Queerbait View Post
    Nothing like a Tuff, Strong D!!!
    Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ!

If graphic descriptions of homoerotic acts between our coaching staff and ownership is now being encouraged as perfectly acceptable posting behavior, the last thing we need right now is the return of Queerbait.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ!

If graphic descriptions of homoerotic acts between our coaching staff and ownership is now being encouraged as perfectly acceptable posting behavior, the last thing we need right now is the return of Queerbait.