Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Paxton Lynch

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Shows how faulty the memory can be. In my mind, he was lighting it up lol.
    Did Maddox come after Kordell?

That’s probably why it felt like beasting.

The bar for Maddox was low and he came out slinging it all over the field. It was a nice change of pace after 3 yards and a cloud. He threw a lot of picks tho and was still a bit skiddish but he had his moments.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Did Maddox come after Kordell?

That’s probably why it felt like beasting.

The bar for Maddox was low and he came out slinging it all over the field. It was a nice change of pace after 3 yards and a cloud. He threw a lot of picks tho and was still a bit skiddish but he had his moments.
    well, we KNEW we had a good team... had the majority of the team that had been to an AFCC trip or two with Kordell. So, when Korkie took them to bad seasons and Tommy showed up and made them competitive, it was more like, "sheesh! about time!!"
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2021 Mock Draft
    1. Jamie Newman, QB, UGA
    2. Jabril Cox, ILB, LSU

Legend

User Info Menu

My main memory of the Tommy Maddox era in Pittsburgh involved him absolutely handing a game to the crappy Texans back during Houston's inaugural season in the NFL since the Oilers left for Tennessee.

If I recall correctly, our defense back then absolutely manhandled the Houston offense, but we still lost by something like 3 TD's, all of which were the result of Maddox turnovers.

I think we would have won the game easily if our quarterback didn't throw a couple of pick sixes and another fumble that returned for a TD against us as well.

It was the most frustrating, befuddling game I ever attended...by far.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Kordell was monumentally misused/handled by Cowher - but that's for another thread.

I will always be grateful to Tommy Gun for being good enough to have us move on from Kordell - and then bad enough the Steelers decided to draft Ben.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I think Kordell was monumentally misused/handled by Cowher - but that's for another thread.

I will always be grateful to Tommy Gun for being good enough to have us move on from Kordell - and then bad enough the Steelers decided to draft Ben.
    Korkie wanted to be a qb instead of an all purpose offensive weapon.
    He could have changed the game running a wildcat type offense.
    I don't think cowher forced him to be a pocket passer. I think korkie forced it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Korkie wanted to be a qb instead of an all purpose offensive weapon.
    He could have changed the game running a wildcat type offense.
    I don't think cowher forced him to be a pocket passer. I think korkie forced it.
    I always thought it was his OCs after Chan left. They tried to force him to be something he wasn't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post

I think his comeback against Cleveland in the playoffs was one of my favorite games to watch at the time. It was up there with how I felt when James Harrison had a pick 6 in the SuperBowl.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I always thought it was his OCs after Chan left. They tried to force him to be something he wasn't.
    A qb?.....

Legend

User Info Menu

10/02 Released TE Alizé Mack from the practice squad.

10/02 Signed QB Taryn Christion to the practice squad.

https://www.steelers.com/team/transactions/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers add another quarterback to the practice squad

In preparation for the Baltimore Ravens, the Steelers bring in a player to emulate Lamar Jackson

By Dave.Schofield
    Oct 2, 2019, 1:14pm EDT

Before taking the practice field on Wednesday, the Steelers made a move in regards to the practice squad to bring in former South Dakota State quarterback Taryn Christion.

We have signed QB Taryn Christion to our practice squad.

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 2, 2019
    A three-year starter at South Dakota State, Christion has 814 completions for 11,535 yards with a total of 104 touchdowns and 34 interceptions. Known for his mobility, Christian also rushed for an additional 26 touchdowns with 408 attempts and 1,515 yards.

Christion went undrafted in the 2019 draft, but was in the Dallas Cowboys training camp as a utility player.

Mike Tomlin said Tuesday the Steelers don't have a QB to imitate Lamar Jackson at practice this week. Just in time, they sign undrafted @GoJacksFB product Taryn Christion to the practice squad. Ran 4.49 at his pro day and spent training camp with Cowboys as a utility guy.

— Brian Batko (@BrianBatko) October 2, 2019
    It is believed Christion will be tasked with fulfilling the Lamar Jackson role of the scout offense. In four games in 2019, Jackson has 36 rushes for 238 yards and a touchdown, averaging 6.6 yards per carry. With Baltimore averaging over 200 yards per game rushing this season, it is imperative for the Steelers to slow down both Jackson’s passing and rushing yards. In order to get the best possible look in practice, the Steelers felt it was necessary to bring in Christion.

In order to make room on the practice squad, the Steelers released TE Alize Mack. Brought in last week before the trade for the Nick Vannett, Mack was one of three tight ends on the squad.

We have released TE Alizé Mack from our practice squad.

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 2, 2019
    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/10/2/20895327/pittsburgh-steelers-add-another-quarterback-to-the-practice-squad-taryn-christion-lamar-jackson