Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paxton Lynch

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    My son (a Broncos fan) and I were talking about Us picking up Paxton Lynch today, my son said Paxton could become a locker room cancer, said that he was one in Denver. Has anyone else heard this about him?
    I hope that's not the case. But if it is, it seems like it's pretty easy to drop a guy from the PS.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I hope that's not the case. But if it is, it seems like it's pretty easy to drop a guy from the PS.
    yep...and its not like Lynch is in a position of strength right now... his first round draft status left him long ago

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    it worked out with their draft bust, tommy maddox.

imho, i still like hodges better.

Bam! That's what I was thinking, Tommy Maddox flopped in Denver too, but had some very productive years in Pittsburgh before the emergence of Big Ben. Lynch has some tools, sometimes it's just the system.

Legend

User Info Menu

Paxton Lynch, now humbled, hoping to help Steelers

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 19, 2019, 6:18 AM EDT

It wasn’t that long ago when Paxton Lynch was a first-round quarterback prospect, with all the attention that entails.

Now that he requires people to get hurt to find a backup job, his perspective has changed.

Lynch said he didn’t consider himself an overly proud person to begin with, but his bumpy path so far has provided humility.

“I never really had a big ego or felt like I needed to be humbled,” Lynch said, via Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, “But I have gotten a humbling.”

Drafted 26th overall in 2016 by the Broncos, he was out of football last season, and was released after a stint in Seahawks camp this summer. The Steelers signed him to the practice squad this week to provide another arm, since Ben Roethlisberger‘s season-ending elbow injury left them with Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges on the active roster. That means there’s a third-rounder and undrafted rookie ahead of him in their quarterback hierarchy, but Lynch just wants to work.

“It’s kind of a gut check,” Lynch said. “I am just kind of taking it in the chin, and that’s all I can do is move forward and keep my eyes up and keep my eyes ahead of what’s going to be. . . .

“Last year I was kind of working out and waiting for the call and never got one, so it feels good to get on a team and kind of get back in the rhythm of a season and go through week to week and get that preparation in. I am really excited for that, really excited.”

First-rounders will always get more opportunities, but Lynch realizes that future chances may be rare, so he appreciates the job he has at the moment.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/19/paxton-lynch-now-humbled-hoping-to-help-steelers/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Paxton Lynch, now humbled, hoping to help Steelers

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 19, 2019, 6:18 AM EDT

It wasn’t that long ago when Paxton Lynch was a first-round quarterback prospect, with all the attention that entails.

Now that he requires people to get hurt to find a backup job, his perspective has changed.

Lynch said he didn’t consider himself an overly proud person to begin with, but his bumpy path so far has provided humility.

“I never really had a big ego or felt like I needed to be humbled,” Lynch said, via Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, “But I have gotten a humbling.”

Drafted 26th overall in 2016 by the Broncos, he was out of football last season, and was released after a stint in Seahawks camp this summer. The Steelers signed him to the practice squad this week to provide another arm, since Ben Roethlisberger‘s season-ending elbow injury left them with Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges on the active roster. That means there’s a third-rounder and undrafted rookie ahead of him in their quarterback hierarchy, but Lynch just wants to work.

“It’s kind of a gut check,” Lynch said. “I am just kind of taking it in the chin, and that’s all I can do is move forward and keep my eyes up and keep my eyes ahead of what’s going to be. . . .

“Last year I was kind of working out and waiting for the call and never got one, so it feels good to get on a team and kind of get back in the rhythm of a season and go through week to week and get that preparation in. I am really excited for that, really excited.”

First-rounders will always get more opportunities, but Lynch realizes that future chances may be rare, so he appreciates the job he has at the moment.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/19/paxton-lynch-now-humbled-hoping-to-help-steelers/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll remind some fans that Tommy Maddox also flamed out only to late bloom in the NFL. Maddox before that spinal contusion was beasting it up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lynch is a bum.

Not really his fault but he was over drafted so everyone expected him to play up to his draft status.

If he can hold a clip board we should sign him

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'll remind some fans that Tommy Maddox also flamed out only to late bloom in the NFL. Maddox before that spinal contusion was beasting it up.
    I don't know Shawn, beasting seems like a stretch. He was better than recent memory Steelers QBs had been, but I think his story was better than his play all things considered. He did help to introduce a new offensive methodology to the Steelers, but he wasn't even close to elite

He was essentially an even split guy with TDs-INTs, mediocre completion %, about 200 yds/game. He was shiny, new, and exciting to Steelers fans, but he wasn't beasting by any means

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/MaddTo00.htm

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tommy Maddox said the Arena Football league helped with his comeback bc it taught him to get the ball out quickly.

From what I remember the knock on Lynch is he's not very bright.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I don't know Shawn, beasting seems like a stretch. He was better than recent memory Steelers QBs had been, but I think his story was better than his play all things considered. He did help to introduce a new offensive methodology to the Steelers, but he wasn't even close to elite

He was essentially an even split guy with TDs-INTs, mediocre completion %, about 200 yds/game. He was shiny, new, and exciting to Steelers fans, but he wasn't beasting by any means

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/MaddTo00.htm
    Shows how faulty the memory can be. In my mind, he was lighting it up lol.