Steelers are getting younger quick.
    I'm getting stoked all over!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Yes.

We have Haden and Nelson at CB.

Why wouldn’t he play Safety?
    Because he seems to have specifically asked the Fins not to play safety and it seems to be part of the reason he wanted to leave.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Because he seems to have specifically asked the Fins not to play safety and it seems to be part of the reason he wanted to leave.
    He specifically asked the coaches to play him at one position and stop moving him around. He’s fine with playing safety.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    He specifically asked the coaches to play him at one position and stop moving him around. He’s fine with playing safety.
    That makes me feel better.

The only link I could find was in the Miami Herold. Had him specifically asking to be slot of boundary CB, not either S.

I think that's believable from a financial view anyway.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So we used a first round pick for a first round player who’s only one year away from being that first round pick. It’s still a high price, but it’s not like he’s a new car that lost 30% in value off the lot. He’s a second year guy, we just got a first rounder a year later in my opinion. Could be an awesome thing.

Or not. We’ll all be here to second guess it however!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'm getting stoked all over!
    you should keep this between yourself and your significant other

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    So we used a first round pick for a first round player who’s only one year away from being that first round pick. It’s still a high price, but it’s not like he’s a new car that lost 30% in value off the lot. He’s a second year guy, we just got a first rounder a year later in my opinion. Could be an awesome thing.

Or not. We’ll all be here to second guess it however!
    He is better than a 2020 1st Round pick because he has proven that he can play in the NFL at a high level. I don't understand how anyone sees this as a negative. Well I guess I do because some will complain about anything to complain

Starter

User Info Menu

Ouch, how long does it take to recover from a torn labia?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He is better than a 2020 1st Round pick because he has proven that he can play in the NFL at a high level. I don't understand how anyone sees this as a negative. Well I guess I do because some will complain about anything to complain
    Ed Bouchette called it a dumb move...

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ed Bouchette called it a dumb move...

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    That convinces me it was a great move