Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 2020....1st rd to the phins

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    My 2 min. Check found in the last 20 yrs 1st rd players starting at least 80 gms; 257 out of 667 picks

The details might move that % lower, so it's plausible.
    That's surprising. Again, I would have thought the number was higher.

I wonder if the difference between the 25% above and the 39% in your data here is that the 25% is something like "signed a second contract with the same team"?

If that's the case, someone like Bud will probably be in the 75% of players who don't get signed back to their original team but he could be signed by another team and get to 80 games started (he's at 41 now and probably will get to 55 this year without injury or demotion).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    That's surprising. Again, I would have thought the number was higher.

I wonder if the difference between the 25% above and the 39% in your data here is that the 25% is something like "signed a second contract with the same team"?

If that's the case, someone like Bud will probably be in the 75% of players who don't get signed back to their original team but he could be signed by another team and get to 80 games started (he's at 41 now and probably will get to 55 this year without injury or demotion).
    Could be i dont remember the entire context of the conversation.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.