Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020....1st rd to the phins

Starter

User Info Menu

Bye Bye Artie? What can we realistically get for him? A fifth ?

And don't say of liquor ��

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh yeah, Davis is dead meat now.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Awesome move. The guy is proven. This is what you want when you draft a DB in the first round.

Starter

User Info Menu

Possible thought to use his services and if hes legit package him for some trade value...hope he pans out but I'm leery

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

80 tackles and 2 interceptions as a rookie last season. 12 tackles and a forced fumble this year. High price tag but your swapping a first round pick for a former first round pick who is still young. I like it!

(I know I’m going to get criticized but we have to start somewhere with fixing the defense)
    Last edited by SteelBucks; 09-16-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like the move for one very salient reason. Everyone (including myself) is predicting doom and gloom after the horrible display of football-like play we have seen in the first two games and the injury. Going out and getting a talent like Fitzpatrick sends a message to the team and the fan base, that nobody is packing anything in. Whether this turns out to be good or bad, I like the move for the message it sends.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Ya...But we have him for 2 more years, plus an option..This signals the end for Davis
    Davis may be done anyway. Heís getting an MRI on his shoulder injury.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I like the move for one very salient reason. Everyone (including myself) is predicting doom and gloom after the horrible display of football-like play we have seen in the first two games and the injury. Going out and getting a talent like Fitzpatrick sends a message to the team and the fan base, that nobody is packing anything in. Whether this turns out to be good or bad, I like the move for the message it sends.
    Wow this is the best post this year...I'm frustrated and this opens some light

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The guy plays on a defense that gave up 112 points in 2 games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    80 tackles and 2 interceptions as a rookie last season. 12 tackles and a forced fumble this year. High price tag but your swapping a first round pick for a former first round pick who is still young. I like it!

(I know Iím going to get criticized but we have to start somewhere with fixing the defense)
    We need to start by throwing out inferior schemes. Until we get rid of Butler and get a real DC, doesnít matter if we have Ronnie Lott & Ed Reed at safety.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN