Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020....1st rd to the phins

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    The guy plays on a defense that gave up 112 points in 2 games.
    Joe Haden played with the Stains most of his career...look at him now.
    Rara's WAY TOO EARLY mock v2
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Round 2- Anfernee Jennings, OLB; Alabama
    Round 3 (Bell comp?)- Tristen Wirfs, OT; Iowa
    Round 4a- Cameron Dantzler, CB; Mississippi State
    Round 4b- Lorenzo Neal, DT; Purdue
    Round 6- Emeka Emezie, WR; NC State
    Round 7- Darnay Holmes, CB; UCLA

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    if they win 6-7 games and that pick is in the teens, then I'll have no problem with this deal. That's a big if right now
    our record will be 8-8 at least, remember Tomlin never has a losing record.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like Tomlin and Colbert think we're going 14-2 and winning #7 still. Glad to have them onboard.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't even explain how much I love this trade.

I think we now have a perennial All Pro on D. A guy that teams will have to think about and changes everything we can do on D.

Even if we were to tank, this kid is a top 10 pick in just about any draft class. I remember someone having him as the best safety in the 2018 class and someone else having him rated the top CB in the class. The kid has versatility and is a play maker. He kinda reminds me of the Honey Badger in college with size and character.

I get forced to watch a lot of Alabama and can tell you this kid has just got "it". He's got the clutch gene and seems to come up big in big games.

If Bush and Edmunds reach their full potential and Shazier comes back in another year, our D could be insanely talented in short order. This is a huge get!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

1 more fast fact. Minkah is 1 of 3 players in the history of college ball to win the Bednarik and Thorpe award in the same season. (Best D Player and Best DB)

The other 2 were Charles Woodson and Patrick Peterson.

Those 2 guys were top 5 picks.

So just a little more perspective on trading a high first round pick if that's what it becomes. This is still a good value trade for us no matter how you slice it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    seems like it could potentially be a high cost - but the truth is, we've squandered so many picks on DB's that didn't pan out - the idea of getting one that looks like a surefire hit make the trade look good to me.

I'm in favor.
    its amazing how many high picks weve invested at DB.. and 3 of our top 4 guys are imports from other teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    8 first round starters, 2 seconds and a 3rd. Throw in a couple more 1sts as backups.
    Yup, no talent to work with.
    thats the stuff that firings are made of right there

Backup

User Info Menu

I love the player. If Ben was still the QB, this would be absolutely awesome.

But we're going to be drafting in the top 10, and are banking on either Mason being the future, or a 38 yo QB coming back from major surgery for a year or two. Is Fitzpatrick more important than drafting a future franchise QB next year? Maybe.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Everyone is sleeping on Rudolph, this guy can play, while losing Ben hurts, the situation isn't as bad as some are making it out to be. I am actually more concerned about our receivers they are really struggling to get open.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Everyone is sleeping on Rudolph, this guy can play, while losing Ben hurts, the situation isn't as bad as some are making it out to be. I am actually more concerned about our receivers they are really struggling to get open.
    Well, offensively, we have a completely unproven QB, no #2 WR, a RB that's always hurt, and are thin at TE. And now we have no #1 pick next year. We already have a defense littered with 1st rd picks (most of which are busts).

Like I said, if Ben wasn't hurt and we were even 1-1, this move is awesome. Now, it kinda reeks of desperation. Hopefully Mason's the real deal, and if we draft in the late teens, this move is great.