Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020....1st rd to the phins

Starter

User Info Menu

So we have no 1st or 3rd next year. Correct?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    So we have no 1st or 3rd next year. Correct?
    we should receive a 3rd round comp pick for Le'Veon Bell.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

seems like it could potentially be a high cost - but the truth is, we've squandered so many picks on DB's that didn't pan out - the idea of getting one that looks like a surefire hit make the trade look good to me.

I'm in favor.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    attack? What sensitively level are you feeling right now? Lol I even added assumed laughter with the “lmao”.
    People who always see doom and gloom always feel attacked.

Then turn around and call people ball washers and other names.

For the record I love the aggressive move the FO is making.

No tanking in Pittsburgh.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we should receive a 3rd round comp pick for Le'Veon Bell.
    But we signed Nelson
    And we don't seem to get any favors when it comes to receiving comp picks
    Last edited by whatever; 09-16-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    seems like it could potentially be a high cost - but the truth is, we've squandered so many picks on DB's that didn't pan out - the idea of getting one that looks like a surefire hit make the trade look good to me.

I'm in favor.
    ^I agree. The Steelers have a demonstrated poor history of drafting DB talent. How anyone can complain about this trade is beyond me. Colbert/Tomlin are not afraid to make changes when they see needs/opportunities.

Great job Colbert!

Starter

User Info Menu

Watch him hold out for a huge contract

Starter

User Info Menu

You know for me it's not the trade that really bothers me as much it's the incompetent GM that has wasted so many picks on the DB space that required the use of a 1st round pick to make up for his serious shortcomings on assessing talent in the secondary.

But that's just me I guess...

btw he got other picks in the lower rounds to waste over the next 2 seasons...so there is that to look forward to.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

BREAKING: Minkah Fitzpatrick traded to Steelers

Updated: Sep 16, 2019

On the heels of another young defensive stud requesting a trade, Minkah Fitzpatrick has had his wish granted.

The Miami Dolphins safety is being traded to the Steelers, along with a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 seventh-round pick, in exchange for a first- and fifth-round pick in 2020 and 2021 sixth-round pick, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

The deal comes three days after the Fins granted Fitzpatrick and agent Joel Segal permission to seek a trade. Fitzpatrick joins Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills on a growing list of talented, young players that Miami has parted ways with in recent months in an effort to rebuild for the future.

Upon the completion of the trade, Miami will possess five first round picks over the next two NFL drafts: two of their own, two from the Texans (in the Tunsil/Stills deal) and, now, one from Pittsburgh.

Symptoms of the deteriorating relationship between Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins had been evident over the last couple months, dating back to mid-August during training camp when Fitzpatrick and his mother publicly commented on how the 2018 11th overall pick was being utilized.

"She's not wrong," Fitzpatrick said after his mother stated on Twitter that her son was being used to suit others' skill sets. "Coach has asked me do something right now. I got to do what they ask me to do. If we have to have some discussions in the future, we'll have those discussions."

The versatility Fitzpatrick showcased in his three years at Alabama made him a tantalizing prospect worthy of a high selection, but he expressed during camp that he didn't feel playing in the box best fit his talents. Head coach Brian Flores and defensive coordinator Patrick Graham seemed uninterested in changing up the gameplan.

Fast forward to the season opener against the Ravens and Fitzpatrick, who spent his rookie year playing safety, his natural position, and slot corner, was featured in several different roles in the Fins' blowout loss to the Ravens.

In Pittsburgh, Fitzpatrick will join a group that already features seven first rounders, including linebacker T.J. Watt, cornerback Joe Haden and fellow 2018 first-round pick safety Terrell Edmunds.

The big-time potential for Fitzpatrick to excel on a team known for their strong defenses is undeniable. He was one of seven rookies last year with 80+ total tackles and 2+ interceptions, per NFL research. Through the first two games of 2019, he has recorded 11 tackles and one forced fumble.
    Last edited by fordfixer; 09-16-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

8 first round starters, 2 seconds and a 3rd. Throw in a couple more 1sts as backups.
    Yup, no talent to work with.