Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020....1st rd to the phins

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I like the move for one very salient reason. Everyone (including myself) is predicting doom and gloom after the horrible display of football-like play we have seen in the first two games and the injury. Going out and getting a talent like Fitzpatrick sends a message to the team and the fan base, that nobody is packing anything in. Whether this turns out to be good or bad, I like the move for the message it sends.
    I totally 100% agree. Demonstrates the organization isn't quitting on this season like the fans. IMO this is a great move and we have a very good player who we could have for a decade.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Not a possible top 10 pick. I don’t agree with this.
    Yep

A deal like this would have made sense a week ago.

Trading away a 1st round pick that has a pretty good chance to be in the top 10 seems very stupid.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 09-17-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Legend

User Info Menu

if rudolph is our guy.. then im fine with the trade.. problem is its a gamble at this point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    ^I agree. The Steelers have a demonstrated poor history of drafting DB talent. How anyone can complain about this trade is beyond me. Colbert/Tomlin are not afraid to make changes when they see needs/opportunities.

Great job Colbert!
    Getting a good safety is good.

Trading away the a pick that could reasonably be the next franchise QB is bad.

I think the reaction to this trade will depend on how bad people thing we'd be.

I think we were shaping up to be pretty bad with an unproven QB and an average at best D. Yesterday I was kind of excited about a year where we got to test out Rudolph, but if he failed maybe we end up with some kind of Manning to Luck transition (or Montana to Young for us older folks).

On the bright side, the Dolphins will probably get two very high picks so maybe someone else in that division ends up being competitive.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Well, offensively, we have a completely unproven QB, no #2 WR, a RB that's always hurt, and are thin at TE. And now we have no #1 pick next year. We already have a defense littered with 1st rd picks (most of which are busts).

Like I said, if Ben wasn't hurt and we were even 1-1, this move is awesome. Now, it kinda reeks of desperation. Hopefully Mason's the real deal, and if we draft in the late teens, this move is great.
    I dont think its desperation, i think it says they believe Rudolph is the real deal and this year is not dead. Rudolph did throw 2 Td's against that Hawks defense and if the defense could of made a stop down the stretch we win that game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think it means they think Ben will come back and play till the end of his contract.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Fitzpatrick is only 22 so I kind of feel like we’re just getting next year’s first round draft pick right now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Fitzpatrick is only 22 so I kind of feel like we’re just getting next year’s first round draft pick right now.
    Exactly. We’re giving up a potential top 10 pick for a player that I would have loved to select in the top 10. We’ve been searching for a good safety...we just found one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Exactly. We’re giving up a potential top 10 pick for a player that I would have loved to select in the top 10. We’ve been searching for a good safety...we just found one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was early when I read this and I thought it meant we traded our first for R. Fitz, which would have been obviously catastrophic