Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Experienced Backup QBs Are Available?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Then that leaves Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, and Tom Savage as likely possibilities.
    If you are seriously considering any of these guys, you might as well add Colin K to the list who's a way better QB than any of these options and it isn't close.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nathan Peterman????

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If you are seriously considering any of these guys, you might as well add Colin K to the list who's a way better QB than any of these options and it isn't close.
    F**k NO!!!!! We got rid of the chaos and turmoil.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was actually rooting for the Steelers to pick Paxton Lynch in the first round of the 2016 draft but they grabbed Artie Burns instead then Denver ended up taking Lynch with the very next pick. Lynch is still only 25 so maybe thereís still some untapped potential left in him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    F**k NO!!!!! We got rid of the chaos and turmoil.
    Comparing him to AB or Bell or whomever your 'chaos and turmoil' is referring to is unfair imho.

Nothing wrong with Colin except the contempt that Trump and the media stirred up imho. It's kinda sad we live in a world where Colin can't get a job, but AB can.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nathan Peterman????
    He's on IR with an elbow injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I was actually rooting for the Steelers to pick Paxton Lynch in the first round of the 2016 draft but they grabbed Artie Burns instead then Denver ended up taking Lynch with the very next pick. Lynch is still only 25 so maybe there’s still some untapped potential left in him.
    Whatever happened to him? I remember he was tall, but never really paid much attention to him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whatever happened to him? I remember he was tall, but never really paid much attention to him.
    He was a mess in Denver. Could never seem to "get it"

It almost seemed like the game was too fast for him. Maybe a change of scenery could help.

I also wanted the Steelers to try to grab him in the 2d Round. Glad I don't make the picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

He was a mess in Denver. Could never seem to "get it"

It almost seemed like the game was too fast for him. Maybe a change of scenery could help.

I also wanted the Steelers to try to grab him in the 2d Round. Glad I don't make the picks.
    You probably guess right as often as Colbert/Tomlin

I was never into Lynch because I thought he was a little too lanky/awkward in his mechanics and that would be a bigger problem when everything sped up in the next level. But there's always the other variables like the coaches and teams you get and how you fit into their systems, so maybe he'd do well elsewhere?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    i bet they are kicking themselves for trading Dobbs
    I don't think so. Why let him go in the first place if you're concerned about what happens if Ben goes down? If you're kicking yourself now, then you wouldn't have let him go at all. What if Rudolph goes down? You're always a play away from playing the next man. Can't keep a long list of QBs for that situation.

The franchise QB went down, now you go with your backup and find something for the situation where he might go down.