Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Expectations?

Legend

User Info Menu

Baltimore, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh are now all starting 2nd year QB's.

Who's to say that Mason Rudolph can't be the best AFC North QB from the 2018 rookie draft class over Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Baltimore, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh are now all starting 2nd year QB's.

Who's to say that Mason Rudolph can't be the best AFC North QB from the 2018 rookie draft class over Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield?
    it certainly didnt take balt long to reload... same with KC.

Backup

User Info Menu

We weren't going to the SB this year, regardless of who's QB. Soooo,

1. Rudolph is for real, and shows he's the QB of the future
    2. Rudolph sucks, we finish around 4-12, and get a top 10 pick (to draft a QB)

Both are positives. The worst thing that could happen is Rudolph does 'ok', and we finish around 7-9

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is encouraging:

As guard Ramon Foster walked out of the locker room after a second-straight loss for the Pittsburgh Steelers, he was asked about quarterback Mason Rudolph taking over the offense if Ben Roethlisberger's elbow injury keeps him sidelined.

His answer was blunt: Rudolph prepares like a mad man.
    "He wants this," Foster added.

The Steelers are sold on Rudolph for one prime reason: He grinds.

DeCastro said he is up to the challenge.
    "Weíll see what this teamís made of," he said. "I donít expect any drama. I expect guys to shut up and go to work.Ē

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh...-mason-rudolph

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

best case scenario for the future is we go 3-13 and we get a top 5 draft pick.

if rudy doesn't show he is franchise QB capable, then you're in position to draft one (lawrence?)

If he does show he's capable, now you have maneuverability in the draft. Can take a stud prospect at #5 or less or trade down to a QB hungry team and accumulate picks
    with this defense and staff, we may need 12 #1 picks starting on that side of the ball to have a good unit

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This is encouraging:

As guard Ramon Foster walked out of the locker room after a second-straight loss for the Pittsburgh Steelers, he was asked about quarterback Mason Rudolph taking over the offense if Ben Roethlisberger's elbow injury keeps him sidelined.

His answer was blunt: Rudolph prepares like a mad man.
    "He wants this," Foster added.

The Steelers are sold on Rudolph for one prime reason: He grinds.

DeCastro said he is up to the challenge.
    "We’ll see what this team’s made of," he said. "I don’t expect any drama. I expect guys to shut up and go to work.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh...-mason-rudolph
    Well DeCastro, we may want some drama because this quiet offseason did nothing for us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Well DeCastro, we may want some drama because this quiet offseason did nothing for us.
    drama didnt seem to help us last year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think the best case would probably be 8-9 wins. And that is far from guaranteed. The Steelers haven't won in San Fran since 1984. And they haven't done well on the west coast recently. There is a very real chance they go 0-3. The Steelers would have to go 9-4 just finish 9-7. I'm not sure that I see this team winning better than 2 out of 3 games for the rest of this season. They already have a razor thin margin of error, and now a backup QB.
    I remember that game. It was San Fran's only loss that season. That D was damn good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The Steelers haven't won in San Fran since 1984.
    We are 0-0 on the road vs. the Niners since they moved out of the old Candlestick Park and over to Santa Clara instead.

This will be our first road game there since Levi's Stadium was built.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Tomlin hasn't had a losing season with Pittsburgh. This will be his first. We will see what they made of after that.

Nothing drives change more than losing. My bet... we finish dead last in the AFC North.
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent