Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Predictions??
    I say Steelers finish 6-10
    8-8 or 9-7...I think the team will rally around Rudolph and successfully deal with the adversity. Should be fun talking next year's draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Predictions??
    not bad considering we were a .500 team at best with ben

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We’re going to have to merge some threads to keep this all under one roof.

Back to topic, color me excited to see what the young gun can do.

Starter

User Info Menu

I am not patting myself on the back here but this is what I feared most and frankly criticized Tomlin/Colbert the most:

Over the past 3 seasons the Steelers were relatively lucky health wise. yes Shazier was a major injury but for the most part they were healthy as a unit. The fact is their luck was going to run out.

Frankly Colbert/Tomlin pissed away that luck of being healthy and great talent.

That to me, was the biggest sin of this current brain trust. And frankly the window, if not shut, is fairly close.

And what did Colbert/Tomlin get from all this talent? Was it enough? Everyone has an opinion...mine is no they did not get enough.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    I am not patting myself on the back here but this is what I feared most and frankly criticized Tomlin/Colbert the most:

Over the past 3 seasons the Steelers were relatively lucky health wise. yes Shazier was a major injury but for the most part they were healthy as a unit. The fact is their luck was going to run out.

Frankly Colbert/Tomlin pissed away that luck of being healthy and great talent.

That to me, was the biggest sin of this current brain trust. And frankly the window, if not shut, is fairly close.

And what did Colbert/Tomlin get from all this talent? Was it enough? Everyone has an opinion...mine is no they did not get enough.

brothervad
    amen to all of this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Predictions??
    I say 9-7. Why can’t he succeed? Mahomes blew the league apart after sitting a year. Is it probable? Likely not, but I wouldn’t place short odds against him.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I say 9-7. Why can’t he succeed? Mahomes blew the league apart after sitting a year. Is it probable? Likely not, but I wouldn’t place short odds against him.
    i was thinking about the Mahomes situation when Ben went down. Im sure KC is glad they didnt hang on to Alex Smith. Not saying Rudolph will be that good... but the sky isnt necessarily falling either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I like your attitude. We'll get enough gloom and doom during the next several months. An occasional beam of light will be appreciated