Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How hurt is Conner?

Legend

User Info Menu

James Conner should be ready for Sunday

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 18, 2019, 11:18 AM EDT

The Steelers will be starting a new quarterback and may make changes at wide receiver, but at least their running back appears to be fine.

Via Brooke Pryor of ESPN.com, Steelers running back James Conner said he anticipated being ready to play Sunday against the 49ers, even though he didn’t know if he’d practice today.

Conner injured his knee late in the loss to the Seahawks, but his casual attitude suggests that he’s going to be fine.

With Mason Rudolph getting his first start in place of the injured Ben Roethlisberger, they need all the stability they can get on offense.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/18/james-conner-should-be-ready-for-sunday/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so riddle me this:

Benny Snell Football gets one carry for 23 yards, why didn't he get another carry the whole rest of the game?
    Because he’s an inferior running back, who had plenty of chances in pre-season to show he could play at some kind of pro level and failed. They don’t trust him, 23 yard carry notwithstanding.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Because he’s an inferior running back, who had plenty of chances in pre-season to show he could play at some kind of pro level and failed. They don’t trust him, 23 yard carry notwithstanding.
    I don’t think he is inferior, just a rookie.

Obviously they trust him enough to give him a touch in his second game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I don’t think he is inferior, just a rookie.

Obviously they trust him enough to give him a touch in his second game.
    Yes, they trust him enough to give him one carry. That’s been established. The question was why he didn’t get more, with the heavy implication in the question that it was coaching malpractice not to. I believe I answered the question.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so riddle me this:

Benny Snell Football gets one carry for 23 yards, why didn't he get another carry the whole rest of the game?
    How better to maintain a 23 YPA average?

Legend

User Info Menu

Try Snell at FB and rotate Conner and Samuels.
    Conner cant handle the bulk of the carries, he's injury prone
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If they “try” Snell at FB he’d better be able to block. Can he? Typically, a guy who was his team’s feature back in college didn’t do much blocking.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    If they “try” Snell at FB he’d better be able to block. Can he? Typically, a guy who was his team’s feature back in college didn’t do much blocking.
    and we never use our FB.. so he is already filling that role in our offense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Whatever, this is no time to “try” a rookie at a new position.