Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bens out. Itís gut check time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bens out. Itís gut check time.

Shocking news to lose him for the season, but one thing about Tomlin and his teams - they don’t blink.

Mason just had his dream come true. He’s the Starting QB for the Steelers.

Win or lose, this is going to be defining for this group of guys.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not doubting you but is this confirmed? Don’t see news posted anywhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow. I wish Rudolph all the best. It's an extremely small sample size, but he looked ok in the second half. Hopefully he can build on that moving forward.

I wonder what the Steelers do for a backup. Right now, they are one snap away from Hodges taking snaps. I'm sure (or at least I hope) they would not have moved Dobbs if they knew Ben had elbow issues. I hate to say this, but it wouldn't shock me if they brought back Landry Jones as a backup.
    Last edited by phillyesq; 09-16-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Not doubting you but is this confirmed? Don’t see news posted anywhere.
    It's confirmed. I got an alert from the Steelers app. Brief statement from Tomlin. Needs surgery. Out for the year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    It's confirmed. I got an alert from the Steelers app. Brief statement from Tomlin. Needs surgery. Out for the year.
    sigh......

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Wow. I wish Rudolpf all the best. It's an extremely small sample size, but he looked ok in the second half. Hopefully he can build on that moving forward.

I wonder what the Steelers do for a backup. Right now, they are one snap away from Hodges taking snaps. I'm sure (or at least I hope) they would not have moved Dobbs if they knew Ben had elbow issues. I hate to say this, but it wouldn't shock me if they brought back Landry Jones as a backup.
    Landry Jones is signed with the XFL so Iím not sure if he can get out of that contract or not.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Statement by Mike Tomlin on Ben Roethlisberger:
    Ben Roethlisberger had an MRI on his right elbow Sunday evening and it was determined by the Steelers’ medical team that surgery will be required. We expect the surgery will be scheduled for this week. He will be placed on our Reserve/Injured List and is out for the season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    Statement by Mike Tomlin on Ben Roethlisberger:
    Ben Roethlisberger had an MRI on his right elbow Sunday evening and it was determined by the Steelers’ medical team that surgery will be required. We expect the surgery will be scheduled for this week. He will be placed on our Reserve/Injured List and is out for the season.
    sounds like a Tommy John injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

i suspect weve seen the last of Big Ben. Look for a retirement announcement soon

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Time to see what we have in Rudolph.

Last time we were forced to start a young QB worked out well, so I'm going to go with totally irrational optimism.

Best if it's either awesome (have the QB of the future) or terrible (draft the QB of the future).
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]