Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver lining? Washington’s emergence?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I agree with you. You want Rudolph comfortable? Put in his guy that he has repore with.
    There you go, already kowtowing to the QB by playing his favorites. Wasn't that the complaint with Roethlisberger?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There you go, already kowtowing to the QB by playing his favorites. Wasn't that the complaint with Roethlisberger?
    Lmfao shhhh

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers could make changes at wide receiver

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 18, 2019, 6:20 AM EDT

Steelers wideout JuJu Smith-Schuster said he didn’t think the team’s offense would change much, in the transition from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to backup Mason Rudolph.

But there could be a personnel change at another position as well.

Via Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, coach Mike Tomlin seemed baffled by the recent struggles of starting wideout Donte Moncrief.

“I don’t know what to make of it,” coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday. “I know we haven’t been able to depend on him to this point. He’s got some challenges and we have some challenges moving forward.”

Through two games, Moncrief has three receptions for 7 yards. He also has five drops, which is hardly what they were hoping for when he signed a two-year, $9 million contract this offseason.

He was pulled from last week’s game after a drop led to an interception, after four drops the week before against the Patriots.

Tomlin was asked if the veteran would get a chance to work through it and replied: “We’ll see.”

Turning to James Washington (Rudolph’s college teammate) and rookie Diontae Johnson would be the obvious moves if they decide they can no longer trust Moncrief.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/18/steelers-could-make-changes-at-wide-receiver/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Steelers could make changes at wide receiver

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 18, 2019, 6:20 AM EDT

Steelers wideout JuJu Smith-Schuster said he didn’t think the team’s offense would change much, in the transition from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to backup Mason Rudolph.

But there could be a personnel change at another position as well.

Via Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, coach Mike Tomlin seemed baffled by the recent struggles of starting wideout Donte Moncrief.

“I don’t know what to make of it,” coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday. “I know we haven’t been able to depend on him to this point. He’s got some challenges and we have some challenges moving forward.”

Through two games, Moncrief has three receptions for 7 yards. He also has five drops, which is hardly what they were hoping for when he signed a two-year, $9 million contract this offseason.

He was pulled from last week’s game after a drop led to an interception, after four drops the week before against the Patriots.

Tomlin was asked if the veteran would get a chance to work through it and replied: “We’ll see.”

Turning to James Washington (Rudolph’s college teammate) and rookie Diontae Johnson would be the obvious moves if they decide they can no longer trust Moncrief.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/18/steelers-could-make-changes-at-wide-receiver/
    Montcrief almost has more drops than yards.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Moncrief is probably the worst move we ever made.

I will be shocked if he gets another chance and actually redeems himself. I hope it happens but dude is Limas Sweeding it up right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

He needs to just go ahead and change his name from Donte Moncrief , to WTF Moncrief.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Moncrief injured his finger trying to catch a deep ball at the end of July. Is there any chance it's not totally healed and that's the issue.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Ben has never had the timing down with Washington. But we know who does.
    I could really see the kid EXPLODE with Rudolph as QB, as they BOTH are in their comfort zone together.

Thoughts?
    The coaching staff has to put Washington on the field before he can make plays for MR.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 09-18-2019 at 02:41 PM.

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Moncrief injured his finger trying to catch a deep ball at the end of July. Is there any chance it's not totally healed and that's the issue.
    its definitely not healed. saw a pic last week and it looks as bad as sammy coates finger.

yet somehow this coaching staff puts him on the game

Legend

User Info Menu

James Washington trying to stay positive despite slow start

Posted by Josh Alper on October 3, 2019, 6:37 AM EDT

One of the questions around the Steelers this offseason was who would step into the No. 2 receiver role with JuJu Smith-Schuster taking a step up the depth chart following Antonio Brown’s departure.

Donte Moncrief and James Washington were two of the names in that mix, but neither has really filled the void. Moncrief squandered his chance by dropping a slew of passes in the first two weeks of the season and has barely played the last two weeks.

Washington has remained in the lineup and played almost 70 percent of the offensive snaps, but he has just six catches for 88 yards to show for his time on the field.

“I just have got to stay positive and make the plays that come my way. . . . It’ll happen,” Washington said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Just stay confident in everybody on this team and trust that everything that happens, happens for a reason.”

There was a feeling that Mason Rudolph taking over the starting job would mean good things for Washington as the 2018 draft picks played together at Oklahoma State. Washington has two catches for 14 yards on six targets in Rudolph’s two starts, although that doesn’t seem to have shaken his fate that his day will come.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/03/james-washington-trying-to-stay-positive-despite-slow-start/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.