Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rough times for us all; Please read

Legend

User Info Menu

Rough times for us all; Please read

Hey, all of us Steeler fans are facing a lot of disappointment (to say the least ) right now. There are a million things we are all upset about and with Ben hurt for who knows how long, leaves a ton of uncertainty in the air. We are hurting as a fan base. But I think the best thing we can do is just try and look at this as a transitional time for us. Rudolph showed real promise; brought an energy and moved the offense.

I don't know what's going to happen over the next two to three weeks but I can feel change coming. I"m not exactly sure of all the areas we are going to experience change but change none the less. I think all of us feel this change and change brings uncomfortability. I'm uncomfortable as hell right now but I feel that our organization is like a cat; and will ultimately land on its feet.

What I'm asking all of us to do is let's be kind to each other. We all want the same positive things for our team. Let's just be kind to each other through all of this. The language between some posters is getting bad. These are rough waters right now so let's all row together in the same direction. We all want the same thing for this team.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Hey, all of us Steeler fans are facing a lot of disappointment (to say the least ) right now. There are a million things we are all upset about and with Ben hurt for who knows how long, leaves a ton of uncertainty in the air. We are hurting as a fan base. But I think the best thing we can do is just try and look at this as a transitional time for us. Rudolph showed real promise; brought an energy and moved the offense.

I don't know what's going to happen over the next two to three weeks but I can feel change coming. I"m not exactly sure of all the areas we are going to experience change but change none the less. I think all of us feel this change and change brings uncomfortability. I'm uncomfortable as hell right now but I feel that our organization is like a cat; and will ultimately land on its feet.

What I'm asking all of us to do is let's be kind to each other. We all want the same positive things for our team. Let's just be kind to each other through all of this. The language between some posters is getting bad. These are rough waters right now so let's all row together in the same direction. We all want the same thing for this team.
    +1 (10 chars)
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If I disrespect anyone please forgive me in advance. But losing makes us all miserable, but this year is different. I feel like the team is helpless which magnify the misery...
    Some people don't even come on this board after a loss because, this board is used to vent.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post

Well said. Its not the end of the world. The glass is always half full if you choose to see it that way versus seeing the worst in all things.

Starter

User Info Menu

You're a good Dude Maniac

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think it might help if we kept off topic conversations (re: politics, race, etc.) in the off topic part of the forum.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agree. We can all stop with “I told you so” posts. We’re all upset about the current state of the team. This is a place to vent. “I told you so”’s only irritate more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    If I disrespect anyone please forgive me in advance. But losing makes us all miserable, but this year is different. I feel like the team is helpless which magnify the misery...
    Some people don't even come on this board after a loss because, this board is used to vent.
    No problem bro; we all are hurting. These type of things don't happen to us much and it's upsetting and unsettling.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Well said. Its not the end of the world. The glass is always half full if you choose to see it that way versus seeing the worst in all things.
    We have been forced into transition. Not a poster in here likes how this is feeling right now. We gotta ride it out and trust that Colbert and management will get it right. Believe me, I bet there meeting today to assess the overall damage to this team. Ton of areas to address. But they have little time to do it because they have to head to the west coast to take on the 49ers.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    You're a good Dude Maniac
    Hey, I"m just saying something that Oviedo or someone else would eventually say. I've just never seen this board so upset overall. Like an all time high. And it's not because there are bad dudes in here per say; it's just because were upset and are being forced into transition. Being forced into anything pisses people off. There are diehard Steeler fans in this room and unfortunately, we are dying hard. LOL. Let's hang together. It's gonna work out.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN