Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The State of Ben

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Brady, Brees, Rodgers and half of the league played less., just a excuse for Ben. Look it up if you want. Example Ben and Brady had the same number of drop backs at 13. Stop making excuses for Ben please!!!
    You have your opinion, I have mine.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I blame Tomlin for not using the preseason for what it was intended for...to get the team ready for the season. Instead we use September. Thatís a dangerous way to fly.
    Of course you do.

However, the league is trending in this direction when it comes to preseason. Even Brady sat and didnít play as much as usual.

Stop making excuses for Ben. The guy is too old for you to blame everyone but him for his bad play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You have your opinion, I have mine.
    Those are facts about the others, not opinions based. Hell I don't think Rodgers played a preseason snap.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Did Ben take that many less preseason snaps than Brady? Brees? Mahomes?

I put more blame on Fichtner's lack of creativity to get things going. Although, why did the offense suddenly start moving when Mason Rudolph came in? Mongrief stone-handed his first pass too but it didn't put Rudolph into a shell. He started making use of the tight end and other weapons.
    They have to get the running game going. If you remember, the offense got dumbed down for Ben when Maddox got hurt. I want Randolph to do well but I fear what happens when teams have a week to gameplan for him. I guess I also wish we had a defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It was an injury to Maddox that ushered in the Ben era. Might be an injury to Ben that ushers in the Rudolph era.

I was pleasantly suprised by how the offense moved under Rudolph. He showed some energy and passion, which was lacking from Ben. But it was just one game.

How quickly things change. Throughout training camp, we kept hearing how sharp Ben looked. And we heard the story of him telling his wife that he loves football again. None of that seemed to make its way into the first two games of the season.
    I agree with this; All that camp talk we heard about Ben never translated to the field. And if you take a step back, how is it that we expected the offense to come out hot when Ben never really played any preseason time with his new WR corps? If you think about it, with no camp, we were doomed to get smashed by the Pats and Seahawks. But it's not our job to figure that out..that's the head coach's job. With no AB anymore, it would behove a coach to have his QB to get some game reps with his new WR corps. To establish chemistry. But Rudolph looked well and he'll get all the reps this week and we'll see where we go from here.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you are curious
    1. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Dolphins: 64
    2. Kyler Murray, Cardinals: 60
    3. Josh Allen, Bills: 57
    T-4. Case Keenum, Redskins: 56
    T-4. Jameis Winston, Buccaneers: 56
    6. Matt Ryan, Falcons: 55
    7. Kirk Cousins, Vikings: 48
    8. Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers: 47
    9. Sam Darnold, Jets: 45
    10. Russell Wilson, Seahawks: 44
    11. Andy Dalton, Bengals: 40
    12. Baker Mayfield, Browns: 39
    13. Lamar Jackson, Ravens: 34
    14. Marcus Mariota, Titans: 31
    15. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs: 30
    T-16. Dak Prescott, Cowboys: 29
    T-16. Matthew Stafford, Lions: 29
    T-18. Jacoby Brissett, Colts: 28
    T-18. Joe Flacco, Broncos: 28
    20. Eli Manning, Giants: 27
    21. Tom Brady, Patriots: 26
    22. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers: 19
    23. Nick Foles, Jaguars: 18
    24. Deshaun Watson, Texans: 13
    25. Cam Newton, Panthers: 11
    26. Drew Brees, Saints: 8
    27. Derek Carr, Raiders: 6
    28. Mitchell Trubisky, Bears: 3
    T-29. Philip Rivers, Chargers: 0
    T-29. Carson Wentz, Eagles: 0
    T-29. Aaron Rodgers, Packers: 0
    T-29. Jared Goff, Rams: 0
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I blame Tomlin for not using the preseason for what it was intended for...to get the team ready for the season. Instead we use September. Thatís a dangerous way to fly.
    As soon as key players start getting injured in meaningless pre season games then that will be an issue.

Coaches are in a little win situation in regard to the way the league wants to opperate to maximize income.

Legend

User Info Menu

Preseason games have been being played for decades. Not playing guys for fear of injuries only hurts the entire team overall.

It's the head coach's job to have the entire team prepared to play come opening day.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If you think about it, with no camp, we were doomed to get smashed by the Pats and Seahawks.
    What do you mean "with no camp"?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Those are facts about the others, not opinions based. Hell I don't think Rodgers played a preseason snap.
    Who cares about facts.. lol