Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: The State of Ben

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    The State of Ben

    I'm not talking about his physical decision but his mental.

    So in Preseason I noticed from the Sky Cam that allows you to see the Passing Routes that Ben was not looking at open WR's.
    OK, it's preseason....whatever!

    However yesterday we had 3 WRs at the top of the screen
    2 WRs at the bottom - I said to my 11 yr old trying to teach him pre-snap reads - "he's gotta look up top first! 3 on 2!"

    Ben never looked to that side of the field and threw an incompletion - one WR had settled underneath at about 6 yards uncovered (and it wasn't Ryan Switzer so I can't give a pass here).

    BEN is not seeing the entire field - it baffles my mind - I just don't see him going thru logical progressions and it perplexes me to type this b/c I'm thinking "It's gotta be me, not him right?"
    Is BEN just not into it this year?? He said all preseason he was having FUN but is he??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Maybe we are finding out now that Ben wasnt all that good of working through the progressions to begin with. Id imagine in year's past... he either threw it to AB or started with AB and worked his way down the line. Now theres no clear starting point for him and hes gotta play it honest so to speak

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    It might not matter. Listening to the Fan this morning...surgery rumor is being thrown around. Guess we’ll find out more soon.

    IMO, they need Ben to right the Steelers ship. This will be a long season if he’s out for an extended period of time. He hasn’t looked good but nobody has on that offense.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    The offense looked fine when he left!!! I'm not saying that Mason is the answer but I'm saying receivers didn't all of a sudden start getting open. Ben have too much control over this offense and it showed yesterday, when Fitner all of a sudden looked like a good OC.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    An elbow/arm issue injured Bradshaw's career. Ben might be headed down the same road. Medical technology and procedures are better now than when Bradshaw played. We will have to wait and see.

    It would be hard for the organization to stick with Ben if Mason shines.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    An elbow/arm issue injured Bradshaw's career. Ben might be headed down the same road. Medical technology and procedures are better now than when Bradshaw played. We will have to wait and see.

    It would be hard for the organization to stick with Ben if Mason shines.
    It was an injury to Maddox that ushered in the Ben era. Might be an injury to Ben that ushers in the Rudolph era.

    I was pleasantly suprised by how the offense moved under Rudolph. He showed some energy and passion, which was lacking from Ben. But it was just one game.

    How quickly things change. Throughout training camp, we kept hearing how sharp Ben looked. And we heard the story of him telling his wife that he loves football again. None of that seemed to make its way into the first two games of the season.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Ben doesn’t look like he is having fun so far this season. It’s almost as if the Pats getting AB broke him...

    or maybe it was Moncrief dropping all those passes.

    Regardless it looks like Ben isn’t that guy anymore, especially without his favorite weapon.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It was an injury to Maddox that ushered in the Ben era. Might be an injury to Ben that ushers in the Rudolph era.

    I was pleasantly suprised by how the offense moved under Rudolph. He showed some energy and passion, which was lacking from Ben. But it was just one game.

    How quickly things change. Throughout training camp, we kept hearing how sharp Ben looked. And we heard the story of him telling his wife that he loves football again. None of that seemed to make its way into the first two games of the season.
    I blame Tomlin for not using the preseason for what it was intended for...to get the team ready for the season. Instead we use September. That’s a dangerous way to fly.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I blame Tomlin for not using the preseason for what it was intended for...to get the team ready for the season. Instead we use September. That’s a dangerous way to fly.
    Brady, Brees, Rodgers and half of the league played less., just a excuse for Ben. Look it up if you want. Example Ben and Brady had the same number of drop backs at 13. Stop making excuses for Ben please!!!
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I blame Tomlin for not using the preseason for what it was intended for...to get the team ready for the season. Instead we use September. That’s a dangerous way to fly.
    Did Ben take that many less preseason snaps than Brady? Brees? Mahomes?

    I put more blame on Fichtner's lack of creativity to get things going. Although, why did the offense suddenly start moving when Mason Rudolph came in? Mongrief stone-handed his first pass too but it didn't put Rudolph into a shell. He started making use of the tight end and other weapons.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •