Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The State of Ben

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Texting with someone this morning (my phone has been going off like a pinball machine since news broke) I told my friend that Ben will have a news conference in a few days and say that he has been feeling pain for a few weeks but just thought it would pass as he got into the season. Just wait...coming to a TV near you.
    So, no one within the organization with their infinite wisdom said... Hey Ben, you need to get an MRI right now. Just as a precaution so we can see what's going on. Especially considering he is your franchise QB.

Boy, there are some intelligent human beings running this team.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if his arm was bothering him during game one but he chalked it up to normal soreness.
    Why wait to get the MRI until after game two then?

It's not Ben's decision.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I too am not subscribing to this "fear" of injury thing in the preseason. We've played preseason games for decades now before this new age thinking came in. Preseason is the time QB's get their chemistry going and knock off the rust. We need to get back to playing the entire 1st half of the 3rd preseason games as the finale to the preseason.
    yep I so believe in this very much......they just aren't ready with the amount of snaps they get in preseason.....

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I doubt playing this game is what caused him to need surgery but go ahead and find a reason to blame everyone for this.

Injuries happen.
    Why wait to get the MRI even if it was just soreness. Clearly, the coaches would have noticed him in some pain.

Well, maybe not. Our coaches definitetly aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Backup

User Info Menu

I swear I saw him grab his elbow back in game 3 of preseason,I remember he made a throw to the left kind of like yesterday and grab his arm a bit after.I have feeling this has been bothering him a while.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    I swear I saw him grab his elbow back in game 3 of preseason,I remember he made a throw to the left kind of like yesterday and grab his arm a bit after.I have feeling this has been bothering him a while.
    Age has a way of catching up to all of us.

My question is did this soreness happen this preseason or has it been lingering for a while now?

Might be one of those things he played through for a while

Legend

User Info Menu

Not understanding why it matters whether this has been going on for weeks or just happened on Sunday. Roethlisberger was the starting QB, was just paid handsomely, and was going to play through whatever it was that was bothering him.

Yinz are now complaining about stuff just to complain.... give it up already.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Not understanding why it matters whether this has been going on for weeks or just happened on Sunday. Roethlisberger was the starting QB, was just paid handsomely, and was going to play through whatever it was that was bothering him.

Yinz are now complaining about stuff just to complain.... give it up already.
    thats the thing though... "just paid hansomely". surely to god he was cleared medically when we mortgaged our future away for his extension?