Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NFL is becoming unwatchable....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The NFL is becoming unwatchable....

I realize I'm looking through the lense of an 0-2 start but.....

when players can arrange to get on the team of their choice by being the most disruptive d-bag possible
    when you can challenge damn near everything and leave it up to one d-bag in NY
    when whiney d-bag coaches like sean peyton (scab, bounty gate) keep their jobs and are allowed to influence the league
    when the media (I'm looking at you ESPN) glamorizes d-bagness over dignity and hard play
    when the NFL can claim to respect women, wear pink - but tolerate d-bags who frequent massage parlors or uninvited jizz on the back

I gotta be honest, it's starting to wear me down. I'm soldiering through this season - but the idea of moving on to things other than the NFL is becoming a not so scary thought.

probably because of all the d-bags.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Agreed.
    I vowed to not attend another Steeler game until Tomlin is gone.
    I won't spend a penny on any nfl merchandise.
    I refuse to wear my Steeler gear because of embarrassment.
    I actually hope their is a lockout that lasts for years. I'm not sure I would be that upset if the game went away for ever. I don't let Steelers losses ruin my weekends. I've shifted my attention and money to the college game.
    Kids that play hard and actually care if they win or lose is refreshing to see.
    What I used to spend on a 3 day game weekend in Pitt, I purchased MSU season tickets.
    College tailgating blows away the pro game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Agreed.
    I vowed to not attend another Steeler game until Tomlin is gone.
    I won't spend a penny on any nfl merchandise.
    I refuse to wear my Steeler gear because of embarrassment.
    I actually hope their is a lockout that lasts for years. I'm not sure I would be that upset if the game went away for ever. I don't let Steelers losses ruin my weekends. I've shifted my attention and money to the college game.
    Kids that play hard and actually care if they win or lose is refreshing to see.
    What I used to spend on a 3 day game weekend in Pitt, I purchased MSU season tickets.
    College tailgating blows away the pro game.
    Funny talk for a guy who in 2 weeks has over a hundred posts. Seems to me a guy who definitely “lets losses ruin his weekend” or else why a degree of upset that you waste so much time complaining about something you no longer care about?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the NFL has been unwachable for games I'm not emotionally invested in for a while.

Commercials are non-stop and there's way too many replays lawyering around about the minutia of rules they change every few years anyway. Being able to challenge PI seems to be making it worse IMO.

I think this is especially noticeable since basically everything else I watch (not much) is on Netflix with no commercials. Football games are grindingly slow.

So, the only games I watch are Steelers games. They haven't been especially watchable this year either.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

speaking of college.. youd better hope California doesnt pass that bill theyve got in the works right now.. thatll be the beginning of the end of CFB as we know it

Backup

User Info Menu

Agree with the OP. If not for fantasy (which I"m also losing interest in), I probably wouldn't watch much at all. Seriously, sitting through a game is brutal. There's about 2 minutes of actual action every quarter, and commercials after every other play

Administrator

User Info Menu

The NFL hasn't become unwatchable.

The Steelers have become unwatchable.

And I have said it for the last few years. I refuse to pay the couple thousands of dollars or more to to go to Pittsburgh and watch this dumpster fire in person. Thanks Tomlin and Rooney for ruining something I look forward to every year... Football season.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Funny talk for a guy who in 2 weeks has over a hundred posts. Seems to me a guy who definitely “lets losses ruin his weekend” or else why a degree of upset that you waste so much time complaining about something you no longer care about?
    It's not the losses anymore, its the fans that defend/accept them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lmao. This thread is sad.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Lmao. This thread is sad.
    I mentioned before Steelers fans are a sad bunch. They don't know how to deal with the inevitable losing well.

Some fans in general don't know how to place sports in the proper context. That's why they let the losses eat at their souls. Sports are entertainment. Fans can't control what happens.

It's ironic that people hate something so much that they continue to go back for more. Is that the definition of an addiction?

I can take solace in the fact that the team fought hard to win the face of adversity. They fell short. That's sports. There is always next week.

Maybe it's good that this fan base has to deal with losing? That way some of them can appreciate how hard it is to maintain a consistent winner?