Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5:49 left in the game

Starter

User Info Menu

5:49 left in the game

down by 9 and you punt.

Legend

User Info Menu

makes about as much since as kicking a FG down by 20 to NE. Luckily Seattle gave us a gift after the punt.. we still couldnt close the deal though but it made it interesting

Starter

User Info Menu

I can't believe more fans haven't commented on this.
    It was a ridiculous decision.

Legend

User Info Menu

yet another example of tomlin getting caught in the flow of the game lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I can't believe more fans haven't commented on this.
    It was a ridiculous decision.
    You punt the ball because you don't give up easy points and never know what will happen. The odds were against the team at that point no matter what decision was made.

More people don't care to comment because some understand. It's ridiculous to question ever decision.

The decision that was made to punt worked out for the team. The defense was unable to make a play to give the team a chance at the end.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The punt didn't bother me. 3 timeouts, and they were not close to scoring position. it was also 4th and 10. low odds of success and if it fails the hawks would ice the game. I was more upset at the failure to keep the drive going.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

9 out of 10 NFL coaches punt in that situation. Only the true NFL geniuses on this reactionary Steelers board know how to really make the hindsight calls.
    Last edited by Moonie; 09-16-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    yet another example of tomlin getting caught in the flow of the game lol
    Didn’t we have 3 time outs?

Wasn’t it 4th and 10?

This isn’t Madden.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Didn’t we have 3 time outs?

Wasn’t it 4th and 10?

This isn’t Madden.
    Exactly - We ultimately were in position to win that game and couldn't stop them from converting ... the Punt decision turned out to be a good choice.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    You punt the ball because you don't give up easy points and never know what will happen. The odds were against the team at that point no matter what decision was made.

More people don't care to comment because some understand. It's ridiculous to question ever decision.

The decision that was made to punt worked out for the team. The defense was unable to make a play to give the team a chance at the end.
    you are down 2 scores...and giving up anything less than a TD..and its still 2 scores. yea i get your point though.... luckily the turnover happened