Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: But Im a hater of Ben...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Nope, it's either or... They blame Tomlin when Ben plays like a rookie or worse than the opponent QB and blames Ben when he plays well and Tomlin have brain farts.
    Yep. It’s rare that a fan of one is also a fan of the other.

I think that’s mostly because so many fans have taken sides and forced people to defend Tomlin or Ben based on a win or a loss.

If we win it’s in spite of Tomlin if Ben played well and if we lose it’s because of Tomlin.. even if Ben played like crap.

Same team, same agenda and IMO these 2 are tied at the hip due to Bens history and veteran leadership and the way Tomlin treats him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Another take.
    Did Bens over dependence on Brown make Ben a WORSE overall QB?
    He didn’t need Brown before his arrival.

I always found it interesting that there was greater balance among receivers whenever Ben got hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Another take.

I always found it interesting that there was greater balance among receivers whenever Ben got hurt.
    Good points. This is a real soap opera right now. Answers will be found down the road. But good points you've brought up.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Yep. It’s rare that a fan of one is also a fan of the other.

I think that’s mostly because so many fans have taken sides and forced people to defend Tomlin or Ben based on a win or a loss.

If we win it’s in spite of Tomlin if Ben played well and if we lose it’s because of Tomlin.. even if Ben played like crap.
    Like this post. Even in trying to be balanced as you are here, you unintentionally are offering a one sided Tomlin apologist POV.

Truth is some fans will always try to find a way to blame Ben for every loss, others will always try to find a way to blame Tomlin.

You are correct. Some blame Tomlin when Ben plays like crap. Dude throws 3 or 4 stupid picks and it’s Tomlins fault? Idiotic.
    Conversely, when a team simultaneously, scores the most playoff points in its history and loses because it ALLOWED the most points in playoff history.....blaming a QB because he had a fumble and a pick and FORTY TWO POINTS against the leagues best secondary is also ridiculous.

Defenders on BOTH SIDES scape goat the other, rather than viewing things objectively.

Same team, same agenda and IMO these 2 are tied at the hip due to Bens history and veteran leadership and the way Tomlin treats him.
    THIS is truth. I have always been of the opinion that they share credit and blame.
    Have been a fan of both. But have acknowledged their flaws too.
    But BOTH share in contributing to last seasons fiasco, and both are contributors to the garbage we see thus far.

If we don’t reach the playoffs, especially if Rudolph continues to show promise, you are right Dizz, they are tied at the hip, they need to both find their way off the team.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-16-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Another take.

I wonder how much of it was getting rid of Haley.

I think Haley pushed Ben out of his comfort zone and forced him to get better.

Ben didn't like him and pushed Haley out of a job.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Most of the Tomlin-haters are Moncrief fans/lovers. So their credibility is questionable.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Like this post. Even in trying to be balanced as you are here, you unintentionally are offering a one sided Tomlin apologist POV.

Truth is some fans will always try to find a way to blame Ben for every loss, others will always try to find a way to blame Tomlin.

THIS is truth. I have always been of the opinion that they share credit and blame. Have been a fan of both.
    But BOTH share in contributing to last seasons fiasco, and both are contributors to the garbage we see thus far.

If we don’t reach the playoffs they need to both find their way off the team.
    I think different people have a different view of how important coaching is vs. execution.

I tend to think that execution matters more (so Ben should get more credit for wins and losses).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Most of the Tomlin-haters are Moncrief fans/lovers. So their credibility is questionable.
    Lol good one
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Last I checked, the sky is still blue.
    And here I thought it was falling and Armageddon was upon us

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think different people have a different view of how important coaching is vs. execution.

I tend to think that execution matters more (so Ben should get more credit for wins and losses).
    I get that. If Ben plays great or horrible.....I agree only on QB play.
    But TEAM execution is on the coach....good or bad.

I think Ben gets too much credit for the championships and too much blame for our last playoff loss.