Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Fire Butler asap. And take the offense out of Ben's hand.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Ten years ago doesn't count Cap. I'm sorry but that stuff you talk about in the Cowher players days holds no weight 10 years later.
    We were a statistical top 10 defense with Shazier. He was what, 8 or 9th grade 10 years ago?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wonder who made this derision:

Ray Fittipaldo asked Bud Dupree about the lack of a spy Sunday after the game. Bud's response, "They had no plans to use a spy in the game. It was not part of the game plan whatsoever. They were depending on linemen and LBs to remain in their rush lanes".

Seems odd to not even consider using a spy with a QB with the talents and known running ability such as Wilson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Ray Fittipaldo asked Bud Dupree about the lack of a spy Sunday after the game. Bud's response, "They had no plans to use a spy in the game. It was not part of the game plan whatsoever. They were depending on linemen and LBs to remain in their rush lanes".

Seems odd to not even consider using a spy with a QB with the talents and known running ability such as Wilson.
    I wouldn't call it odd, I'd call it status quo these days.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Well, dadgummit.

I've grown tired of both coordinators. Year in and year out, you see creativity on offense from the cheaters. First game of the year against us and they're throwing creative plays into the mix, even when they didn't have to. We come out and run vanilla plays that go nowhere.

I think we would do well to hire some young, hungry coordinators instead of promoting guys that have been around forever.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Well, dadgummit.

I've grown tired of both coordinators. Year in and year out, you see creativity on offense from the cheaters. First game of the year against us and they're throwing creative plays into the mix, even when they didn't have to. We come out and run vanilla plays that go nowhere.

I think we would do well to hire some young, hungry coordinators instead of promoting guys that have been around forever.
    Gotta start with a hungry HC.
    Lazy and entitled doesn't cut it. No matter how talented the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Well, dadgummit.

Sometimes I think the Steelers stole our sandlot football playbook from when we were 12.

We had one offensive play that was simply go get open. The fast kids would go deep. The fat kids would run short curls.

Our Defensive play was you cover him, I'll cover him, etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Sometimes I think the Steelers stole our sandlot football playbook from when we were 12.

We had one offensive play that was simply go get open. The fast kids would go deep. The fat kids would run short curls.

Our Defensive play was you cover him, I'll cover him, etc.
    Yeah, but did you assign your slowest defender (linebackers) to try and defend the fast kids and your fast defenders (cornerbacks) to cover the fat kids? No, of course not, even if you knew your fast defenders couldn't catch the fast kids, you still assigned them the job and not the slow kids. The Steelers don't seem to be following the simple formula, fast on fast and slow on slow, regardless of the outcome, it's still the best match-up.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland