Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for Rudolph

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben will be the Steelers QB in 2019 if healthy. Same for 2020. There is only $8 million in savings if Ben retires after this year, with $25 million of dead cap money. The cap hit is just far too prohibitive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Ben will be the Steelers QB in 2019 if healthy. Same for 2020. There is only $8 million in savings if Ben retires after this year, with $25 million of dead cap money. The cap hit is just far too prohibitive.
    the way its looking now.. we were damned fools for extending him this early. he wasnt going anywhere else.. why not wait til the end of the season?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    the way its looking now.. we were damned fools for extending him this early. he wasnt going anywhere else.. why not wait til the end of the season?
    Same could be said for Tomlin's extension.
    What's the rush?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    What's the rush?
    Exactly!!!!! They had to take the "lame duck" look off of Tomlin. That's why they did it.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Could this be the Steelers Drew Bledsoe moment....

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    I like that Pappy
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    What's the rush?
    Extending the coach doesn't matter because there are no cap consequences for cutting him.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Extending the coach doesn't matter because there are no cap consequences for cutting him.
    its sure looking like its gonna bite us in the a$$es with ben though

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    The problem is, you can't really construct a viable NFL roster with a backup quarterback taking up $35 million on the cap.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The problem is, you can't really construct a viable NFL roster with a backup quarterback taking up $35 million on the cap.
    Yep.

I think they assumed (like I did and probably many here) that Ben would be good for at least this season and next season.

Hopefully that still ends up being the case.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158