Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for Rudolph

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought we had a fullback on the roster?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I thought we had a fullback on the roster?
    Nix got hurt in foxborough. I think he is out for a couple more weeks.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    We have the same unit from last year. I doubt much has changed besides everyone getting a year older.

Maybe thatís the problem. Same of plays and the other teams knows whatís coming?

All I know is Conner looks slow to the whole and the other 2 RBís look better in their small sample size.

We will see next week if itís the OL or the RB.
    This is the second week. Neither Conner nor Samuels averaged over 2 yards against NE. Conner did have three nice runs in this game. One was 14 yards, the other 9 yards. One was called back for penalty. I don't think your assessment is entirely accurate. Samuels looks good, but believe it or not his longest run was 7 yards and Conner's longest run was 14 yards. Snell found an opening on a short yardage play on one carry and got a nice run, when most players were close to the line. That sometimes happens. He looked pretty good then but looked bad in the preseason. One play can change a perception.

Legend

User Info Menu

good point on the snell run... alot of times those short yardage down/distances can go for huge gains since most of the D is crowding the line. Still a very nice run though

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’m not talking about the yardage. I’m talking about the burst of speed, hitting the hole and not the guy trying to tackle him.

When I compare Samuels to Conner I see a smoother running back who is more versatile.

Conner is good but he is a bruiser. He won’t ever go more than a few games without a nagging injury because he is a contact runner.

Legend

User Info Menu

Teams are crowding the line and daring the Steelers to beat them with the passing game. So far, no one has stepped up in the receiving game so their plan is working well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Teams are crowding the line and daring the Steelers to beat them with the passing game. So far, no one has stepped up in the receiving game so their plan is working well.
    good point.. its amazing to me NE didnt respect us out of the gate... perhaps they knew something lol

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I’m not talking about the yardage. I’m talking about the burst of speed, hitting the hole and not the guy trying to tackle him.

When I compare Samuels to Conner I see a smoother running back who is more versatile.

Conner is good but he is a bruiser. He won’t ever go more than a few games without a nagging injury because he is a contact runner.
    I get it, you're a big Le'Veon fan and you don't like Conner because he replaced him, so you downgrade Conner. Samuels is a different type of back.
    I like him,but Conner has more moves than you credit him for and he is also a better receiver than you credit him for. Conner has been one
    of the better receivers on the team this year. But I'm going to stop arguing about it. Conner proved it last year. We'll see how it
    all goes in the future.

Legend

User Info Menu

just read conner will likely be back this week
    good news for us

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    I get it, you're a big Le'Veon fan and you don't like Conner because he replaced him, so you downgrade Conner. Samuels is a different type of back.
    I like him,but Conner has more moves than you credit him for and he is also a better receiver than you credit him for. Conner has been one
    of the better receivers on the team this year. But I'm going to stop arguing about it. Conner proved it last year. We'll see how it
    all goes in the future.
    I’m a Pitt fan. Ive been watching Conner since he got there.

Just because I don’t think Conner is the answer at RB long term doesn’t mean I don’t like his game. He’s just so physical he will always be dinged up or injured.

I think he is best splitting carries or as a compliment.

Have you been impressed with him so far this season?

One season doesn’t make a career. Last year was last year. I’m also a big JuJu fan but I had doubts about him as a true #1 this season. Doesn’t mean I don’t like him.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 09-16-2019 at 10:51 PM.