Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Minkah fitzpatrick 1st rounder in 18 from bama

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Steelers one of several teams showing interest in potential trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...l-trade-rumors

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Since the Steelers have trouble drafting cbs, wouldn't trading a 2 be better than swinging and missing at another one???
    I'd be interested in exploring this. But it would mean no 2nd or 3rd next draft. I don't know that the FO would do that.

Who knows because it's Miami, but you have to worry that they'd be willing to give up on a good player at a premium position like that.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Aren't we getting a 3rd comp pick for Bell??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Since the Steelers have trouble drafting cbs, wouldn't trading a 2 be better than swinging and missing at another one???
    I'm good with it. Just responding to the idea that we might be able to land him for less.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    Aren't we getting a 3rd comp pick for Bell??
    We should be, but it hasn't been granted yet for sure. Although teams can trade comp picks (didn't used to be able to), we need to be guaranteed that pick before we can trade it...and we already traded away our regular 2020 third rounder in the package to move up for Bush.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Report: Steelers one of several teams showing interest in potential trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...l-trade-rumors
    I would approve the proposed trade in this article in about a millisecond:

From Pittsburgh to Miami: 2020 second-round pick and fourth-round pick
    From Miami to Pittsburgh: Minkah Fitzpatrick and a 2020 third-round pick
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I would approve the proposed trade in this article in about a millisecond:
    I think me too.

With Ben close to the end, I think the idea of trading future picks for good current prospects.

Not sure the Do would though.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 09-14-2019 at 05:35 AM.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

If it means we wouldn’t have to see Vince Williams try to cover a WR again I’m all for it.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

While being on the receiving end of this deal might seem like a great thing, it's setting a dangerous precedent in the league.
    Suppose the Steelers had a disgruntled DB that didn't like how he was being used, forcing a trade during the season.
    I'm afraid AB is the cause of a new generation of players.

Legend

User Info Menu

If every talented player for Miami (or any other rebuilding team) does this how do they ever rebuild? He should be the cornerstone of a rebuild not being traded away, he's only 22 years old. On the other hand, if Miami would take the deal outlined in the article from the Steelers, I'd take it in a New York second.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland