Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minkah fitzpatrick 1st rounder in 18 from bama

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Minkah fitzpatrick 1st rounder in 18 from bama

This DB was part of national championship team and drafted high in the first round only a year back. 6'2 200 lb db with good ball skills who should not be on the market but somehow he is. Miami dumpster fire is letting it be known they could move him. He's not expensive on that rookie deal either. With our inability to hit on the db's like we do wr's I would kick the tires on this guy. Dunbar should know this guy well. I'm not giving up a 1 or 2 but if the price was right it's something to consider.
    Just want to know what the group thinks of this db and if we should be kicking tires.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Definitely.

What’s up with Nelson? Did he play last game? Was he any good?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would give up a 2 in a heartbeat

Legend

User Info Menu

Jim Nagy
    (@JimNagy_SB)

Minkah Fitzpatrick is one of the cleanest prospects in past decade. If he’s available, this trade should get done today. ✅off-field ✅size ✅strength ✅athleticism ✅high IQ ✅tough ✅competitive ✅durable ✅griitty ✅leadership ✅work ethic ✅versatile ✅productive ✅winner

8 hours ago
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I'm not giving up a 1 or 2 but if the price was right it's something to consider.
    Just want to know what the group thinks of this db and if we should be kicking tires.
    According to the story on NFL they will not let him go for less than a 2. They are willing to let him seek a trade but they aren't giving him away.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    According to the story on NFL they will not let him go for less than a 2. They are willing to let him seek a trade but they aren't giving him away.
    Since the Steelers have trouble drafting cbs, wouldn't trading a 2 be better than swinging and missing at another one???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes...Throw the 2 at them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Since the Steelers have trouble drafting cbs, wouldn't trading a 2 be better than swinging and missing at another one???
    I would play Minkah at free safety rather than corner. We have Haden and Nelson at corner, but will likely lose Sean Davis to free agency this offseason (I imagine that we'd focus our resources next offseason on trying to extend Hargrave over Davis, and we'd have a few more years of Fitzpatrick on his rookie contract along with Edmunds).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We should be all over this.. but we probably won’t.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I would play Minkah at free safety rather than corner. We have Haden and Nelson at corner, but will likely lose Sean Davis to free agency this offseason (I imagine that we'd focus our resources next offseason on trying to extend Hargrave over Davis, and we'd have a few more years of Fitzpatrick on his rookie contract along with Edmunds).
    Yes, I meant dbs not cbs. And completely agree.