Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Fire Keith Butler

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    our defense basically looks like a Chinese fire drill right now.

    Butler could start by not putting VW on WR's and stop letting other teams dictate the coverage to us. that would be a big improvement and a good start...

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    our defense basically looks like a Chinese fire drill right now.

    Butler could start by not putting VW on WR's and stop letting other teams dictate the coverage to us. that would be a big improvement and a good start...
    Let's see how Minkah fits into that scenario.

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Let's see how Minkah fits into that scenario.
    we now have eight #1 draft choices on our defense, I hope Butler can figure out how to use them.

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we now have eight #1 draft choices on our defense, I hope Butler can figure out how to use them.
    Do you really consider Artie Burns a #1 draft choice? He's like the girl you call when your first choice bags on you.

  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Stop with the big nickel and blitzing Hilton every other freaking play....
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    what round was artie burns drafted?

    the lengths some of you will go to excuse this coaching staff is amazing

  7. #27
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    what round was artie burns drafted?

    the lengths some of you will go to excuse this coaching staff is amazing
    Using your logic, every QB drafted in the 1st rd should be starting somewhere in the league, because yeah, they were a 1st rd pick.
    As was already posted less than 1/3 of first round picks manage to get a second contract. The excuse for the Steelers is they whiffed on some picks over the last few years and in at least one case, 2013 I think, the draft class sucked in general.
    Now, it is fair to blame the entire staff for the misses. The Steelers put together an incredible string of 1st picks, but are looking lately like they are returning to the norm. The positive sign is the Steelers recognized their mistakes and have taken some aggressive steps to fix them. Sure, it's cheaper to do it in the draft, but it doesn't always work out that way. NE can't seem to draft a WR if their life was at stake.

  8. #28
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    what round was artie burns drafted?

    the lengths some of you will go to excuse this coaching staff is amazing
    And I bet they all said they were great picks when selected.

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Do you really consider Artie Burns a #1 draft choice? He's like the girl you call when your first choice bags on you.
    I wasn't even counting Burns since he rarely plays anymore:

    Heyward, Watt, Dupree, Barron, Bush, Haden, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds

  10. #30
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Let's see how Minkah fits into that scenario.
    Hope he doesn’t pick up any bad habits.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •