Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fire Keith Butler

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I wasn't even counting Burns since he rarely plays anymore:

Heyward, Watt, Dupree, Barron, Bush, Haden, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds
    Scratch Dupree as well, he is a phony 1st rd pick.... not JJones phony, but still a masquerader...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Using your logic, every QB drafted in the 1st rd should be starting somewhere in the league, because yeah, they were a 1st rd pick.
    As was already posted less than 1/3 of first round picks manage to get a second contract. The excuse for the Steelers is they whiffed on some picks over the last few years and in at least one case, 2013 I think, the draft class sucked in general.
    Now, it is fair to blame the entire staff for the misses. The Steelers put together an incredible string of 1st picks, but are looking lately like they are returning to the norm. The positive sign is the Steelers recognized their mistakes and have taken some aggressive steps to fix them. Sure, it's cheaper to do it in the draft, but it doesn't always work out that way. NE can't seem to draft a WR if their life was at stake.
    Paxton Lynch was a 1st round Draft pick of the Broncos, he’s the starting QB on our Practice Squad.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Paxton Lynch was a 1st round Draft pick of the Broncos, he’s the starting QB on our Practice Squad.
    Tim Tebow was also a 1st round Draft pick of the Broncos, he’s a starting outfielder on Syracuse Mets.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    And I bet they all said they were great picks when selected.
    GMs, scouts, and coaches are never wrong.

Draft picks are like lottery tickets, you win on every one.... No wait, that's not it.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    GMs, scouts, and coaches are never wrong.

Draft picks are like lottery tickets, you win on every one.... No wait, that's not it.
    Sometimes it's more important to be paper champions.

As long as Brady keeps playing and NE's D keeps getting better, that might be all we can realistically pin our hopes on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers defensive coordinator on getting Minkah Fitzpatrick: “Hallelujah!”

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 20, 2019, 11:20 AM EDT

Steelers defensive coordinator Keith Butler couldn’t contain his excitement when he learned that defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick was on his way to Pittsburgh in a trade with Miami.

“Hallelujah!” Butler said, via the Patriot-News. “That’s what went through my mind. That’s exactly what went through my mind, I’m tellin’ ya.”

Butler said it became obvious at Fitzpatrick’s first practice that he’s going to make a big impact in Pittsburgh.

“I’m glad we got him, we needed him,” Butler said. “Watch him in practice, y’all see the same thing I do, that dude can move.”

The Steelers took a big risk in trading their first-round draft pick for Fitzpatrick, while they’re 0-2 and playing the rest of the season without Ben Roethlisberger. That pick may be a very high one. But Butler believes that even if it turns out that the Steelers gave up a very high pick, Fitzpatrick will prove to be worth it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/20/steelers-defensive-coordinator-on-getting-minkah-fitzpatrick-hallelujah/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes Keith make sure you have him play 30 yds deep at the snap
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.