Thread: Former Steeler Michael Vick

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Former Steeler Michael Vick

This dude was unbelievable in his early career! I was in high school at the time and didn't go out of my way to watch other stuff around the NFL yet. I knew of the legend of Mike Vick as an athletic QB, but did not realize it went to this extent. Too bad we never saw this in his time wearing the B&G

The only other player's highlights who made me this dumbfounded so far was Barry Sanders. Vick wasn't just an elite running QB, he was an elite NFL runner, period. His vision and smoothness changing direction while running at top speed is crazy, and then he unloads a freaking howitzer of an arm.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

eff that dog killing POS

shame on the rooneys and tomlin for signing him

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lol. This thread seems very random!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Lol. This thread seems very random!
    It is

Watching random highlight videos was better than reading any current NFL news last night

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He didn’t do any of those things as a Steeler.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Watching random highlight videos was better than reading any current NFL news last night
    Good point.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    This dude was unbelievable in his early career! I was in high school at the time and didn't go out of my way to watch other stuff around the NFL yet. I knew of the legend of Mike Vick as an athletic QB, but did not realize it went to this extent. Too bad we never saw this in his time wearing the B&G

The only other player's highlights who made me this dumbfounded so far was Barry Sanders. Vick wasn't just an elite running QB, he was an elite NFL runner, period. His vision and smoothness changing direction while running at top speed is crazy, and then he unloads a freaking howitzer of an arm.

He was talented but, F@#$ him...O.J.was talented but F@#$ him too...

And AB
    And Sapp
    And Carruth
    And Irvin
    And Hernandez
    And Lewis

Talented yes, But could never " like" of " cheer" for them

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed, I don't like him as a person either

But I also sometimes compartmentalize my moral compass from my athlete-marveling

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would also guess that my amazement at the time of posting had a lot to do with the stark contrast in excitement level that watching Young Vick would bring as opposed to the lame offensive system headlined by Old Ben