Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING----> Lawsuit Accuses Antonio Brown of Rape

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This is insane.

Somehow, the Steelers come out ahead in this entire fiasco.

For the record, I was against trading him and thought we should hold on and let it blow over.

Totally wrong on that one.
    In your defense, it seems most of the planet was wrong on this guy. It's a train wreck that you almost can't imagine happening. I feel really bad for his kids.

Starter

User Info Menu

This is insane.

Somehow, the Steelers come out ahead in this entire fiasco.

For the record, I was against trading him and thought we should hold on and let it blow over.

Totally wrong on that one.
    Did you forget about the dead money?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And now he's asking fans to comment on his post on Instagram to "win" the ball where he scored a TD with the cheaters. How is he not the most depressed athlete on earth?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It's seriously just hard to believe what he's thrown away. Endorsements deals from Pizza Hut, Nike, the helmet company. $30M guaranteed from the Raiders. $15M from the cheaters.

The guy could seriously end up going from being on top of the world with the Steelers to living either behind bars or under a bridge.

He's either the dumbest athlete on earth or something seriously broke inside his head within the last few years.
    But, sadly, he's still collecting checks from the Steelers, I think.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Legend

User Info Menu

On the same day AB finds out that a 3rd team in less than a year has determined that he is worth more to them elsewhere than on their roster, the WR that we drafted with the 3rd round pick we got for him (Diontae Johnson) was named our starting WR going forward. Kismet.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

bizness aint be boomin

#God'sPlan

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    In your defense, it seems most of the planet was wrong on this guy. It's a train wreck that you almost can't imagine happening. I feel really bad for his kids.
    +1 for feeling bad for his kids (and all of their Moms).
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    On the same day AB finds out that a 3rd team in less than a year has determined that he is worth more to them elsewhere than on their roster, the WR that we drafted with the 3rd round pick we got for him (Diontae Johnson) was named our starting WR going forward. Kismet.
    Ha, hadn't thought about that yet

AB has no one to play for, and the rook we got for him is catching the passes that used to be his. That's awesome

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Did you forget about the dead money?
    No, but look at the options.

1) Steelers: lose AB, add dead money, get picks that turn ino what looks to be a good player in DJ and may not make the Bush trade without this extra picks. Ben hurt anyway so dead money this year from AB ends up mattering less.

2) Raiders: give up picks and likely at least some signing bonus for 0 games played. Also look incompetent for how they handled him (maybe less so now)

3) Pats to a gamble. End up paying $4M for one game. Does that impact their cap enough so that they can't bring back Gronk if he wants to play in the playoffs after seeing some CBD? that part was wrong I right they paid the first 4 mil and were waiting on the 2nd. Seems like a push for the Pat's.

4) AB: Career is likely over?

Of these options, I think the shuttering that is AB worked out best for us.

I'd rather be the Pat's but that's becausr of what they had before AB got there (and what's left after)
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 09-21-2019 at 08:43 AM.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Starter

User Info Menu

+1 for feeling bad for his kids (and all of their Moms).
    I'm sure his kids are being told it isn't daddy's fault. He's being oppressed.