Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Sign Josh Gordon

Starter

User Info Menu

Let's Sign Josh Gordon

The Pats are going to waive him. Word on the street is he'll be healthy in a week or two. I think we should sign him.

He is an instant upgrade over Washington, Moncrief, etc, and would draw some attention away from Juju. He doesn't have the top flight speed that he used to, but he's still a big body with great hands. Since Vance can't stay healthy and we have no other TE's, even if Gordon couldn't cut it on the outside anymore, he could work the middle of the field like a pseudo-TE.

What says y'all?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't mind it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That’s too risky imo.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    That’s too risky imo.
    I agree, Gordon simply can't be counted on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nope. No thank you.
    2021 NFL DRAFT PLAYER WATCH
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trey Lance, QB; North Dakota State
    Alex Leatherwood, OT; Alabama
    Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida
    Jamie Newman, QB; Georgia

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    That’s too risky imo.
    I don't think there is...No draft pick compensation, no big salary...An upgrade and downfield threat, and dare I say it...As good as Marsha is, He barely throws the ball over 20 yards anymore...Might be more suited to a " take the top off type receiver, which we desperately need...If he doesn't work out, Just cut him

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There's probably more to it with Gordon than people know. I don't think it would be a good idea to sign him.

It appears the Pats mismanaged the WR position this year. That could come back to bite them.

Starter

User Info Menu

What exactly is the risk? If he sucks, cut him. If he falls off the wagon, cut him. His salary is low, and I've never heard of him being a problem in locker rooms

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    I don't think there is...No draft pick compensation, no big salary...An upgrade and downfield threat, and dare I say it...As good as Marsha is, He barely throws the ball over 20 yards anymore...Might be more suited to a " take the top off type receiver, which we desperately need...If he doesn't work out, Just cut him
    According to the link below, Brady leads the league in passes over 20+ yards.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_20PLUS_YARDS_EACH

And just this past game, his TD pass to Dorsett travels about 45 yards in the air: https://youtu.be/f9KD8Ig-5u4

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    What exactly is the risk? If he sucks, cut him. If he falls off the wagon, cut him. His salary is low, and I've never heard of him being a problem in locker rooms
    It’s outside of the locker room where Gordon has problems.

I don’t want to waste reps on a guy who keeps falling off the wagon.