Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade I would consider making

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Trade I would consider making

Artie Burns for Emanuel Sanders. Sanders seems to have matured and could really help stabilize our WR corps. Both players will be FA at end of year. Sanders excels at getting separation at the line. I think Manny can help us (Mason) more for 2019.
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 10-18-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Denver won't make that trade.

plus Sanders burned that bridge with his comments about Ben...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why in the world would Denver even consider that?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    why in the world would Denver even consider that?
    It would be a straight salary dump. Denver asked MS to take a pay cut prior to season but ultimately flinched. May need to swap picks as well maybe send a 5 and get back a 6.
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 10-18-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like it. Can also go after him in the offseason. Going to need some WR's IMO. Holton, Switzer ehh.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really don't think gating a WR is going to help us.

I think we have competent WRs but the game plan is not to throw it to them.

I'm hoping that the bye gives some time to revamp the O after all the QB issues we've had.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldnt go for Sanders I wouldn't mind if they took a run at Stefon Diggs who may want out of Minnesota. Although Cousins did feed him 3 TD's last week so he may be happy again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I really don't think gating a WR is going to help us.

I think we have competent WRs but the game plan is not to throw it to them.

I'm hoping that the bye gives some time to revamp the O after all the QB issues we've had.
    This may be true also, our receivers have been hindered by QB play, adding anothere guy might not fix any issue right now, but next year when Ben is back it could make a huge difference.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    This may be true also, our receivers have been hindered by QB play, adding anothere guy might not fix any issue right now, but next year when Ben is back it could make a huge difference.
    We are really trying to save this season. I think if we are mathematically eliminated we will see the O open up more but until then we are probably going to try and do whatever it takes to keep the game close and manageable.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Personally I want the Young WRs to grow this season - I really doubt SANDERS contract would fit in the Steelers Salary Cap equation anyway.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!