Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING----> Lawsuit Accuses Antonio Brown of Rape

Legend

User Info Menu

Terry Bradshaw says Steelers haven't won more Super Bowls because of guys like Antonio Brown

The four-time Super Bowl champion didn't hold back when expressing his feelings on Brown

Bryan DeArdo

Antonio Brown used to be Pittsburgh sports royalty, until he jettisoned his way out of town earlier this year. Brown, whose constant criticism of the Steelers through the media ultimately forced Pittsburgh to trade him to Oakland, is now a member of the Patriots organization after Brown's actions led to the Raiders granting him his release last Saturday.

Brown, who is now facing a civil lawsuit that has led to questions regarding his status for New England's Week 2 matchup in Miami, has become the main storyline during the NFL's centennial season, a fact that doesn't sit well with Terry Bradshaw, an NFL analyst for FOX Sports who enjoyed a Hall of Fame career as the Steelers' quarterback during the team's 1970s dynasty.

"I'm not pulling for him, I can promise you that," Bradshaw said of Brown during an interview with Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I cannot emphasize how I cannot stand and have a disdain totally for players like that. I don't want any part of them. I wouldn't like them. They would hate me if they were on our team. They would hate me because I wouldn't throw to him.

"I will not put up with that kind of behavior. You don't win with it. Why haven't (the Steelers) won more Super Bowls? There is talent, (but) it's just guys like him. Let him go and his brand and whatever it is he's doing."

Brashaw threw to a pair of Hall of Fame receivers during his career in Lynn Swann and John Stallworth. While Brown surpassed both players in Pittsburgh's career record book, Swann and Stallworth combined to win eight Super Bowls, have their careers enshrined in Canton, Ohio, and are also members of the Steelers' Hall of Honor. While Brown's recent actions have jeopardized his future in Canton, his unceremonious departure from Pittsburgh all but ended his chances at future enshrinement in Pittsburgh's Hall of Honor.

Despite the loss of Brown, Bradshaw believes that the Steelers will eventually figure out how to win without him. Pittsburgh, following a 33-3 loss to a Brown-less Patriots team in Week 1, will try to rebound at home this Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks.

"Let's just sit back, let's (not) all scream and holler and look at it and go nuts and wonder what's wrong," Bradshaw said of the Steelers. "Let this thing slowly evolve, and it will. I believe it truly will. As long as you've got the quarterback. They're not looking for a quarterback. They've got their quarterback."

Their "quarterback," future Hall of Famer Ben Roethlisberger, has elected to forgo saying anything further about Brown after Brown again went after him via social media late last month. While Big Ben is steering clear of the topic, Bradshaw decided to get his opinion on Brown out in the open.

"Winning football games is all about the team and all about players caring about one another and everybody pulling together, not pulling apart," Bradshaw said. "You can't have Antonio Brown for all the greatness that they are, do you want the baggage that goes with that crap? I wouldn't.

"I'm glad they got rid of him and I'm upset now that I know how he got away … (what) he was doing there. I wish the heck they would have gotten rid of him a long time ago."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...medium=twitter

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As much as we slam (deservedly) belicheat - I think people overlook how much he admired Noll and tried to emulate him, right down to his press conferences. And Noll (like the pats) wanted players that put team over stats. AB will make a ton of money for sure, but I think that fundamental reason is why the Steelers under Noll and the Pats under BB enjoy(ed) success.

In other words - Bradshaw is correct. Go figure.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I love a Steelers legend like Bradshaw bashing that trash Brown. Testify, Terrance!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    As much as we slam (deservedly) belicheat - I think people overlook how much he admired Noll and tried to emulate him, right down to his press conferences. And Noll (like the pats) wanted players that put team over stats. AB will make a ton of money for sure, but I think that fundamental reason is why the Steelers under Noll and the Pats under BB enjoy(ed) success.

In other words - Bradshaw is correct. Go figure.
    Exactly...we can slam Hoody but Hoody emulates Knoll closer then anybody we've ever seen since. With a splash of Parcells. LOL. Great combination I think.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Terry Bradshaw says Steelers haven't won more Super Bowls because of guys like Antonio Brown

The four-time Super Bowl champion didn't hold back when expressing his feelings on Brown

Bryan DeArdo

Antonio Brown used to be Pittsburgh sports royalty, until he jettisoned his way out of town earlier this year. Brown, whose constant criticism of the Steelers through the media ultimately forced Pittsburgh to trade him to Oakland, is now a member of the Patriots organization after Brown's actions led to the Raiders granting him his release last Saturday.

Brown, who is now facing a civil lawsuit that has led to questions regarding his status for New England's Week 2 matchup in Miami, has become the main storyline during the NFL's centennial season, a fact that doesn't sit well with Terry Bradshaw, an NFL analyst for FOX Sports who enjoyed a Hall of Fame career as the Steelers' quarterback during the team's 1970s dynasty.

"I'm not pulling for him, I can promise you that," Bradshaw said of Brown during an interview with Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I cannot emphasize how I cannot stand and have a disdain totally for players like that. I don't want any part of them. I wouldn't like them. They would hate me if they were on our team. They would hate me because I wouldn't throw to him.

"I will not put up with that kind of behavior. You don't win with it. Why haven't (the Steelers) won more Super Bowls? There is talent, (but) it's just guys like him. Let him go and his brand and whatever it is he's doing."

Brashaw threw to a pair of Hall of Fame receivers during his career in Lynn Swann and John Stallworth. While Brown surpassed both players in Pittsburgh's career record book, Swann and Stallworth combined to win eight Super Bowls, have their careers enshrined in Canton, Ohio, and are also members of the Steelers' Hall of Honor. While Brown's recent actions have jeopardized his future in Canton, his unceremonious departure from Pittsburgh all but ended his chances at future enshrinement in Pittsburgh's Hall of Honor.

Despite the loss of Brown, Bradshaw believes that the Steelers will eventually figure out how to win without him. Pittsburgh, following a 33-3 loss to a Brown-less Patriots team in Week 1, will try to rebound at home this Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks.

"Let's just sit back, let's (not) all scream and holler and look at it and go nuts and wonder what's wrong," Bradshaw said of the Steelers. "Let this thing slowly evolve, and it will. I believe it truly will. As long as you've got the quarterback. They're not looking for a quarterback. They've got their quarterback."

Their "quarterback," future Hall of Famer Ben Roethlisberger, has elected to forgo saying anything further about Brown after Brown again went after him via social media late last month. While Big Ben is steering clear of the topic, Bradshaw decided to get his opinion on Brown out in the open.

"Winning football games is all about the team and all about players caring about one another and everybody pulling together, not pulling apart," Bradshaw said. "You can't have Antonio Brown for all the greatness that they are, do you want the baggage that goes with that crap? I wouldn't.

"I'm glad they got rid of him and I'm upset now that I know how he got away … (what) he was doing there. I wish the heck they would have gotten rid of him a long time ago."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...medium=twitter
    Terry's been smashing trash and frauds for a minute. Keep going Terry.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think anyone is pulling for Brown to do well outside the people in NE. That being said, AB helped the Steelers win a lot of games. AB wasn't the reason this team failed to win the SB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I don't think anyone is pulling for Brown to do well outside the people in NE. That being said, AB helped the Steelers win a lot of games. AB wasn't the reason this team failed to win the SB.
    The culture/mindset he embodies worked against them winning the SB. Football is the ultimate team game. Pretty hard to put forth your best effort as a team when some of your key players are all about "me" and not "we".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The culture/mindset he embodies worked against them winning the SB. Football is the ultimate team game. Pretty hard to put forth your best effort as a team when some of your key players are all about "me" and not "we".
    Exactly how did it work against the Steelers? One player didn't ruin the Steelers chances. No one was even concerned about any of this until AB acted up to get what he wanted. No one was unhappy with AB until he pulled the stunts. All of a sudden AB is the reason why the Steelers didn't win the Superbowl? I don't buy that line of thinking.

AB produced among the best at his position. He was probably the best player on the Steelers for a few seasons. I completely understand why people don't like AB after everything that happened. Before all of the issues there wasn't a peep about AB being the devil by anyone.

Even after every thing that happen teams wanted him because he can play. They all hope they can contain the genie in the bottle. I don't know what AB wants at this point. Play with the best QB? Win a championship? Can't be about money. AB is going to turn against somebody up there in NE. Who will it be?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Exactly how did it work against the Steelers? One player didn't ruin the Steelers chances. No one was even concerned about any of this until AB acted up to get what he wanted. No one was unhappy with AB until he pulled the stunts. All of a sudden AB is the reason why the Steelers didn't win the Superbowl? I don't buy that line of thinking.

AB produced among the best at his position. He was probably the best player on the Steelers for a few seasons. I completely understand why people don't like AB after everything that happened. Before all of the issues there wasn't a peep about AB being the devil by anyone.
    I'm pretty disgusted with AB lately - but I tend to agree with this. I do have a concern however that AB was always like this and the Steelers just lost contain on it last season. If that's the case and there were other 'me first' players - is it possible that was a factor in disappointing finishes to seasons? I'd say yes. But he's a tremendous player, won us a bunch of games and layed himself out against cincy. I can be furious with him for how his time ended here - but I also can't forget how much magic I got to watch with him here.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Step-Father Of Antonio Brown Says He’s “Very Abusive” Towards Women

by Saybin September 14, 2019

Antonio Brown’s former step-father shared that the New England Patriots receiver is “very abusive” toward women, stating he’s not surprised that he’s now being confronted with rape allegations.

“I can’t tell you that he did what they said he did,” Larry Moss Jr., 50, told USA Today Sports on Friday. “But I know he’s very abusive to women.”

“As far as just raping somebody, [Brown] just feels like he can have whatever he wants,” Moss continued. “He’s just empowered that way. So it doesn’t surprise me that this kind of allegation came out about him.”

Moss says he hasn’t spoken to Brown since 2005 and admitted the two had a trying relationship in his teenage years.

New York Posts shared he helped raise Brown in Miami-Dade County, Florida between ages 5 and 17 and said the star’s history of troubling behavior dates back to his pre-teen years.

“A lot of things that Tony’s doing, nothing surprises me,” he said. “I’m surprised that it took them this long to figure him out. Because he’s been this way since he’s been 12 years old.”

Brown was recently accused in a lawsuit filed this week of sexually assaulting and raping his former trainer, Britney Taylor, in 2017 and 2018.

In his interview with USA Today Sports, Moss also claimed that Shameika Brailsford, the mother of Brown’s oldest child told him Brown had physically abused her.

“She told me that he done jumped on her before,” Moss said. “He done choked her. They done had run-ins.”

However, Desmond Brown, Antonio’s younger brother, described their childhood as chaotic. The brothers would intervene in physical fights between Moss and their mother, Adrianne Moss.

“This happened numerous times. Then my mom made us leave [home] because she needed her husband’s help with the bills,” Desmond told the publication in a text message. “Now they’re divorced and we try to rekindle the relationship with our mom but it’s hard.”

Moss, who previously served time for aggravated battery and criminal trespass in the ’90s, denied Desmond’s allegations, saying he and Adrianne only had one physical fight in their entire 20-year marriage.

He also admitted to ever having to get physical with Antonio one time when he was younger.

“I beat his ass, I did. And that was probably the only time I really chastised him. But it was just one thing after another, one thing after another,” Moss said. “He was just a problem kid, man.”

New York Post reached out to Antonio’s lawyer, Darren Heitner, he told the outlet, “We have no comment at this time,” when told of Moss’ allegations.

http://balleralert.com/profiles/blog...medium=twitter