Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING----> Lawsuit Accuses Antonio Brown of Rape

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I don't see the Pats punishing a player based on an accusation when their owner seems to be standing on the idea that he should only be punished if he's found guilty.
    I heard Kraft ran down to Florida asking the ladies of Orchid how much for a "back jack."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Whitlock: "AB, next time you call God, you need to LISTEN, otherwise, you're wasting your time and His."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Whitlock: "AB, next time you call God, you need to LISTEN, otherwise, you're wasting your time and His."
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree, this seems like a "he said, she said" type of situation and AB most likely will face no punishment.
    Which is what I said initially; He said, she said. But the FACT she kept coming back makes me believe it's false. Makes a lot of people feel that what she's saying is false. But we'll never , ever know conclusively without a doubt.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    What?
    What you just said is the biggest assumption on this thread. You assume what she says is false based on a flawed premise

Fact is we don’t know what happened either way.
    My premise is far from flawed. There's not a guy I know who's seen this that doesn't think this isn't a money grab. The woman came back 3 times. Wake up Cap. This isn't the 1950's ; women have agendas these days. Quite assuming that the woman is always right.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    My premise is far from flawed. There's not a guy I know who's seen this that doesn't think this isn't a money grab. The woman came back 3 times. Wake up Cap. This isn't the 1950's ; women have agendas these days. Quite assuming that the woman is always right.
    I think both. It’s a money grab and AB is guilty.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It’s a “money grab” in the sense she’s suing him, and asking for money damages. All civil lawsuits are money grabs.

But believing she made it all up is a stretch. He even admitted to one incident in his deranged texts. It would not surprise me at all if a self-entitled, volatile creep like Antonio Brown committed rape. And he’s even more likely to do it with someone he knows and who appears pretty gullible.

She may want money, but balance that against how she will get trashed on social media, and have to deal with Brown’s scorched earth lawyers for years now, and I’d bet it was a difficult choice for her. Is committing perjury worth a lawsuit like this? Seems doubtful.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm sure I'll get blasted here, I'm not a high volume regular poster. I think it's pretty ignorant to immediately qualify this as a money grab based on the timing of the accusations/charges and the fact that the accuser didn't end whatever relationship they had after the first offense. This thread has a lot of the typical insensitive male responses that situations like this often attract. I have fortunately never been victim of a crime such as this, so I cannot say how I would handle it. We hear all the time about victims of domestic violence and how they remain in situations that put them in peril. Again, never been there, but I can't imagine the mental and psychological toll a situation such as those outlined in the civil case take on someone. I don't know all of the factors that person is juggling when trying to decide if they should proceed with charges or not.
    Many have said things along the lines of "we don't know for sure what happened", while at the same time implying it's a money grab or indicating that the alleged victim must have been fine with AB's behavior because she maintained a relationship. This is crazy talk.
    I've always enjoyed the banter on this board, but this thread and some of the comments are a bad look.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know why you have a hard time with the 3 times thing. Women come back from a L O T worse to abusive partners.

1st time was an unwanted kiss. Not a big deal.

2nd time was the fluid on the back. A big deal but mostly for being disgusting and demeaning. But again, she wasn't forcibly assaulted here. I can definitely see her coming back because AB was paying the bills.

3rd time, she describes physical, forcible rape. That's where she drew the line and eventually filed a lawsuit.

Again, I'm not saying I believe either side. But what she describes is not difficult to believe on the surface.

IMO, the coming back 3 times is not the part that makes any of it not believable. The timing? Maybe. The details? Maybe. Waiting to report the rape? Maybe.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I think both. It’s a money grab and AB is guilty.
    Well, we'll never know.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN