Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING----> Lawsuit Accuses Antonio Brown of Rape

Legend

User Info Menu

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/09/...rDi0eodG8dzVb8

Bill Belichick Got Super Testy When Peppered With Antonio Brown Questions

BOSTON (CBS) — Patriots head coach Bill Belichick didn’t have anything to add to the Antonio Brown situation on Wednesday, ending his media session early when questions about the wide receiver’s sexual assault accusation kept coming.

After spending the opening moments of his Wednesday morning press conference dissecting the Miami Dolphins, New England’s Week 2 opponent, Belichick tried to get ahead of the Brown questions by saying that he wouldn’t be expanding on the statements that were released Tuesday evening.

“On the Antonio situation, he and his representatives made statements and I’m not going to be expanding on those. They are what they are,” said Belichick. “We’re looking into the situation and we are taking it very seriously, all the way through the organization. I’m sure there will be questions about that, but there won’t be any discussions about that.”

But no one wanted to talk about the Dolphins on Wednesday, and reporters sent several questions about Brown’s accusations Belichick’s way. Asked if the Patriots were aware of the allegations when they signed Brown over the weekend, Belichick started to get short with reporters.

“I’m not going to be expanding on the statements,” said Belichick. “When we have more, we’ll say more.”

As the questions kept coming, Belichick’s demeanor got colder.

“I appreciate all the questions. What has been said has been said,” continued Belichick. “We’re working on Miami. The rest of it is …. we’re on Miami.”

Asked if Brown had told them anything regarding the lawsuit, Belichick got snippy with the reporter, saying he had just answered that question. When the reporter shot back with, “actually, you didn’t,” it turned into a grade school argument.

“Actually, I did,” retorted Belichick, before the media session ended.

In his four-plus minutes at the podium, Belichick did say he expects Brown on to practice with the Patriots on Wednesday. But he but did not have a definitive answer about the receiver potentially playing Sunday against the Dolphins.

“We’re taking it one day at a time, just like we always do,” he replied.

If the NFL doesn’t take action against Brown between now and Sunday, it sounds like the receiver will be in uniform for the Patriots in Miami.

In a federal lawsuit filed in Florida, Brown’s former trainer, Britney Taylor, filed a civil complaint against Brown, accusing the receiver of sexually assaulting her multiple times in 2017 and 2018. Brown has denied all the allegations.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    All these are based on the ASSUMPTION...........that what she said is true. Her constantly coming back for more insinuates that's not the case. You guys just taking what she said as gospel is part of the problem.

Actions speak louder then words; she came back over and over and over again. THOSE actions seem to indicate that whatever was going on, she kept coming back for more because she liked it.
    What?
    What you just said is the biggest assumption on this thread. You assume what she says is false based on a flawed premise

Fact is we don’t know what happened either way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    What?
    Fact is we don’t know what happened either way.
    I agree, this seems like a "he said, she said" type of situation and AB most likely will face no punishment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree, this seems like a "he said, she said" type of situation and AB most likely will face no punishment.
    I think he only gets punished if the Pats push for it (like the Steelers apparently did for Ben).

I don't see the Pats punishing a player based on an accusation when their owner seems to be standing on the idea that he should only be punished if he's found guilty.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It looks like the accusations can't be proved criminally. Why she decided to wait is beyond anyone. Looks like a money grab to me.

AB should probably just pay her to go away. The American legal system is broken.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    It looks like the accusations can't be proved criminally. Why she decided to wait is beyond anyone. Looks like a money grab to me.

AB should probably just pay her to go away. The American legal system is broken.
    There's really no way to know for sure if AB ever forced himself on her, with her screaming no unless there is some audio or video evidence. It does feel like a money grab, but who knows. Given what I've seen from AB, it wouldn't surprise me if he went too far at some point.

In any case, AB has shown a severely poor pattern of behavior. IMO, the league should take some kind of action against him, even without the assault accusation. Its' ridiculous to me, that he can get away with threatining the GM of the Raiders and posting a recorded conversation and a fine letter on social media, without any league reprimand. Maybe all players should start posting their fine letters on social media and recording their private conversations with coaches.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    None of this will do a thing to his career with the Patriots, but those demented, illiterate gangster-texts should end all his endorsements.
    Maybe he can get a deal with "Hooked on Phonics"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    There's really no way to know for sure if AB ever forced himself on her, with her screaming no unless there is some audio or video evidence. It does feel like a money grab, but who knows. Given what I've seen from AB, it wouldn't surprise me if he went too far at some point.

In any case, AB has shown a severely poor pattern of behavior. IMO, the league should take some kind of action against him, even without the assault accusation. Its' ridiculous to me, that he can get away with threatining the GM of the Raiders and posting a recorded conversation and a fine letter on social media, without any league reprimand. Maybe all players should start posting their fine letters on social media and recording their private conversations with coaches.
    I think that's probably why it's a civil case. I think the standard for guilt in civil cases is "more likely than not" as opposed to "beyond a reasonable doubt" in criminal cases.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Your first thought was June Cleaver in Airplane, wasn't it?
    LOL....loved that movie and scene.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think that's probably why it's a civil case. I think the standard for guilt in civil cases is "more likely than not" as opposed to "beyond a reasonable doubt" in criminal cases.
    Correct. The standard is just a preponderance of the evidence - 51% chance that it occurred. As for all of the allegations, I have no idea what evidence will come out and don't want to speculate. But his text certainly seems to confirm that he ejaculated on her back without consent, and I'd be shocked if he prevailed in defending that claim.