Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: James Conner Runs Like He Has A Stck Up His Butt

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    I know he is a fan favorite and has a great story... But is he a legitimate starting caliber back even in these pass happy times? He is the most awkward looking runner that I have ever seen in a Steelers iniform. Heck, the 275 pound Bus was a smoother runner them Connor. He runs so upright and flat footed with choppy type steps. He's stiff looking and has no fluidity to him. He certainly didn't look very good Sunday night especailly those short yardage plays they desperately needed... Yea he had good company I know.
    It worked for Eddie George, why not Conner?

I agree with the crowd here that I think Conner is good enough.

I think we'll see in the next few games though. I think every team we face will focus on taking JuJu out of the game and making us win with other guys. Conner, McDonald, Montcrief, Washington, and everyone else should get plenty of opportunity to prove their worth this season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’m more concerned about Jaylen Samuels only getting 2 carries on Sunday night after running over the Pats for 140 yards last season. Doesn’t make sense why Connor wasn’t benched and Samuels given more carries.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I’m more concerned about Jaylen Samuels only getting 2 carries on Sunday night after running over the Pats for 140 yards last season. Doesn’t make sense why Connor wasn’t benched and Samuels given more carries.
    Not splitting carries between RBs has been a hallmark of the Tomlin era. I think it led to his biggest screw up mismanaging Blount.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    Conner is one of the most agile backs in the nfl. It's a key strength in his running for Pete's sake.

He had 970 yards in twelve games started, and 500 receiving yards in twelve games started. In his first year as a starting rb. Let alone the feel good story. While handling the Bell saga with all of the grace you can ask for.
    Most agile?

Conner, is that you?

Legend

User Info Menu

The entire gameplan was questionable. I think it was 1st and 10 on (I think) the fourth drive. Draw pitch to Conner for 5. 2nd down draw pitch to Conner for 4. 3rd down....hey, maybe they haven't noticed yet so draw pitch to Conner.....for -4. I was scratching my head on that one.

Several other questionable calls throughout, but this one helped set the table.

My response after a game like that one is always the same. Any team can get blown out, embarrassed, that is not the measure of the team. The measure is what they do next time out. This game will tell me more about this team than last week's game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The entire gameplan was questionable. I think it was 1st and 10 on (I think) the fourth drive. Draw pitch to Conner for 5. 2nd down draw pitch to Conner for 4. 3rd down....hey, maybe they haven't noticed yet so draw pitch to Conner.....for -4. I was scratching my head on that one.

Several other questionable calls throughout, but this one helped set the table.

My response after a game like that one is always the same. Any team can get blown out, embarrassed, that is not the measure of the team. The measure is what they do next time out. This game will tell me more about this team than last week's game.
    but but but... it was the "same game plan as last year"

Legend

User Info Menu

Fire Tomlin. Ben sucks. Conner runs like he has a stick up his butt

are Steelers fans becoming the poutiest little b!tches because we lost a game?

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    and Rivers has the bizarrest throwing motion of any NFL QB... but it works. Conner was a probowler last season, he must be doing something right.
    Conner was the only one on offense acting like he cared. I have zero problems with Conner.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Becoming? We’ve always been fanatical and unrealistic.

Let’s be honest tho, we waited a long time for this game and they looked like trash.

We should all turn our attention to the next game by tomorrow.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

They didn't just lose a game... they lost mojo too. That thumpin' is going to test this team's character.

Same crap different year... They had a whole off season to prepare for this game and the whole organization just crapped the bed, again.

More importantly, does this team currently have the talent to even sniff the playoffs?

Other than JuJu, the receivers are a mess. Do they have a tight end that can block?

The running back plods along like he's wearing snowshoes. His style is probably going to make his NFL career a short one.

The secondary couldn't cover a napping old man with a blanket. The whole squad is average at best.

One of the outside linebackers should be on a milk carton as being missing. They just released one that probably is better than the #48 starter.

I hope I'm wrong and they pull it together, but me thinks they have to many glaring holes to contend this year. NE just showed that right up front.

Unleash hell, Tomlin!