Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deion says Ben will retire during season

Legend

User Info Menu

Deion says Ben will retire during season

First Call: Deion Sanders says Ben Roethlisberger will retire during season

TIM BENZ | Tuesday, September 10, 2019

That’s a bit much

A lot of crummy things were said about the Steelers in the wake of their 33-3 loss to the Patriots.

Most of them deserved. Many of them, by me.

But this one was a bit insane. Deion Sanders on “NFL Gameday” says that Ben Roethlisberger is going to retire before the end of the season. Sanders called the Steelers quarterback “disengaged” and “disinterested” Sunday in New England.

That must be news to Big Ben since he signed a three-year extension before the start of the year. And he is on record as saying that he has found his joy for football again this offseason.

Look, Deion, Roethlisberger was bad Sunday. But he’s not emotionally shutting down.

https://triblive.com/sports/first-ca...antonio-brown/

Starter

User Info Menu

Ben did have the look of he didnt want to be there

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Ben did have the look of he didnt want to be there
    Lmao. Who does?! The pats have a 17 game home winning streak going.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

File this under: Talking head says outlandish thing to get clicks.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Lmao. Who does?! The pats have a 17 game home winning streak going.
    I get what your saying lol but is that the norm now lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Big Ben optimistic after big loss: 'Sky's still blue'

11:31 AM ET
    Brooke Pryor

PITTSBURGH -- A day after a 30-point season-opening loss to the Patriots, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger reassured his teammates during their Monday run.

"I said [on Monday], 'Hey guys, look up,'" Roethlisberger said Wednesday. "'The sun's still shining. The sky's still blue. The best thing is we still get to play on Sunday.' It's Week 1."

Roethlisberger remained upbeat about the team's outlook Wednesday morning, reiterating that any problems were small fixes, while also doubling down on his postgame assertion that he needed to improve.

"It's not like all of a sudden we have to go back to the drawing board," Roethlisberger said. " ... It's just, we all need to, starting with myself, play better. It's nothing drastic on anybody's plate. It's just little things here and little things there."

Instead of dissecting flaws of others in the Steelers' passing game, Roethlisberger focused on himself.

"Quarterback's got to get better," he said.

Despite Donte Moncrief's four drops Sunday night, Roethlisberger voiced confidence in the receiver and said it wouldn't affect his targets in the home opener against the Seattle Seahawks.

"I don't think about, 'Oh man, did this guy make this play or didn't make that play?' Because to me, we all kind of have a clean slate every week," Roethlisberger said. "That's me included. I threw an interception. I wasn't the most accurate passer. So I'm not thinking about that this week. I'm thinking about moving forward and how to do we get better and how do we make plays."

And when asked about possible interference on his deep attempt to wide receiver Johnny Holton on third-and-6 that ended the Steelers' first drive, Roethlisberger was quick to shoulder the blame for the incompletion.

"I let it fly," Roethlisberger said. "And obviously I didn't let it go far enough, because I think if I'd thrown it a little further, he could've run under it, and we could've had a big play there on the first drive."

So there wasn't any interference?

"If I had thrown it further," Roethlisberger said, "it wouldn't have even been an issue."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27593628/big-ben-optimistic-big-loss-sky-blue
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wish Deion would retire from broadcasting

Legend

User Info Menu

i dont think itll happen during the season but a high probability at the end

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

at this point, I'd ask the bears if they're interested in Ben.

that's a SB quality team with trubinsky holding them back. could we get a late 1st rounder from them?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    at this point, I'd ask the bears if they're interested in Ben.

that's a SB quality team with trubinsky holding them back. could we get a late 1st rounder from them?
    Only it Tomlin/Colbert don’t get to make the pick.