Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Rice: Antonio Brown 'played' everyone, wanted to go to New England Patriots all

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jerry Rice: Antonio Brown 'played' everyone, wanted to go to New England Patriots all

Jerry Rice: Antonio Brown 'played' everyone, wanted to go to New England Patriots all along
    By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

NFL legend Jerry Rice said Monday there was something fishy going on with Antonio Brown’s departure from the Oakland Raiders and his almost immediate signing with the New England Patriots.

Rice, in a radio interview with 95.7 The Game in San Francisco, said he believes that Brown wanted to end up with the Patriots all along — even before he was traded to Oakland.

“We all got played, man. We did,” he said. “I'm gonna be honest with you, because, this guy, he contacted me and he told me that he wanted to play ball here in the Bay Area. He wanted to be part of the San Francisco 49ers. So, I bought into it because I can only take a man at his word and stuff like that. But I think this, it was pretty much already planned. He had to take a different direction.”

Brown signed the Patriots hours after he was released by the Raiders. The Brown drama began almost as soon as minicamp opened up for NFL teams.

Brown was on the mend after suffering a foot injury during a cryotherapy session and he reportedly threatened to retire because he couldn’t wear his outdated helmet. He then had it out with general manager Mike Mayock and allegedly threatened to punch him in the face before turning around and apologizing to his team and putting the thought in everyone’s mind he would play for the Raiders.

However, Brown released a private conversation with coach Jon Gruden in a heavily produced YouTube video and, when he learned he was going to be fined for conduct detrimental to the team and lose his guaranteed money, he asked for his release in an Instagram post.

Rice said he believes Brown forced the organization’s hand in the decision to release the wide receiver.

“I think when he asked to be released from the Steelers, he wanted to go to the Patriots,” he said. “He wanted them to trade him to the Patriots. And there was no way that the Steelers would trade him to a rival. So he had to go a different route. And he decided to come through the Bay Area. And I feel sorry for the fans over in Oakland. He was a Denzel Washington and he won the Oscar. He won an Oscar, guys. I’m gonna be honest with you.”

Brown is expected to play in the Patriots’ second game of the season against the Miami Dolphins.
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jerry-rice-antonio-brown-patriots-signing (https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jerry-rice-antonio-brown-patriots-signing)

Karma is a fickle bitch.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Karma is a fickle bitch.
    I really hope Karma finds a way to right this situation. The cheaters seem to keep getting away with doing shady things and everything continues to go their way. Karma just seems to avoid the whole organization.

And this stuff with AB just wasn't right. The NFL should not allow players to do this kind of thing. We were jobbed. But the Raiders were flat out robbed. And no consequences for Brown or the cheaters.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed. On a side note, speaking of getting away with shady things, how was Chung on the field the other night? Wasn't he indicted on drug charges? We were talking about it in the chat room, I think Steelbucks brought it up.

Anyways, it's one of those things you wish for with the whole Karma thing. Seems I've been wishing for it for so long with these *'s that it seems futile. Hell the owner got caught with his pants down getting his oil changed in a "message parlor" in south Florida, and nothing comes of that either.

Backup

User Info Menu

The raiders should have kept him. Suspend him for 4 weeks. Then pay him game to game unless he acts up, then keep suspending him.
    That way he makes little money and is stuck with the team he signed with.
    That's how you keep players from calling their own shots.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Cheatriots know how to skirt the rules as close as you can. That's what they have to do these days because if they cross the line and get caught cheating again, the others owners will ban together and stick it to Kraft's team. Rosenhaus worked the deal behind the scenes. Which is what I was telling you guys from the start when he left us.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He played this perfectly.

Had people laughing at him and calling him a clown. The whole time he was doing the rope a dope.

Effe dude but I can’t lie, he played the hell out of everyone.

Stephen A was calling AB al types of crazy the other day but dude ends up in NE with a 20 million dollar option for next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    He played this perfectly.

Had people laughing at him and calling him a clown. The whole time he was doing the rope a dope.

Effe dude but I can’t lie, he played the hell out of everyone.

Stephen A was calling AB al types of crazy the other day but dude ends up in NE with a 20 million dollar option for next year.
    If Karma has any power at all in New England, my wish is for Mr. Big Chest to struggle Ochocinco-Style in that offense and get released next year.

Backup

User Info Menu

No way this was planned out.
    Brown agrees to take 20 million less from the pats IF he can get cut from the raiders?
    Not a chance

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    No way this was planned out.
    Brown agrees to take 20 million less from the pats IF he can get cut from the raiders?
    Not a chance
    Huh?

Of course it was planned. He wanted to go to the cheaters when he was still with the Steelers. The dude's ego is bigger than this year's guaranteed money. If he plays well, he'll make more than the 30M guaranteed.

You think he consulted social media experts, posted his fine letter on instragram, posted a recorded conversation with Gruden, screamed at Mike Mayock and threatened to punch him in the face and was signed by the cheaters within a few hours of being released, all without any planning?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Huh?

Of course it was planned. He wanted to go to the cheaters when he was still with the Steelers. The dude's ego is bigger than this year's guaranteed money. If he plays well, he'll make more than the 30M guaranteed.

You think he consulted social media experts, posted his fine letter on instragram, posted a recorded conversation with Gruden, screamed at Mike Mayock and threatened to punch him in the face and was signed by the cheaters within a few hours of being released, all without any planning?
    Yup.
    Why did he accept the trade in the first place?
    He could have done all that stuff while he was with us.
    He could have demanded being released. He could have told them the only team I'm going to agree to a trade with is New England.