Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Rice: Antonio Brown 'played' everyone, wanted to go to New England Patriots all

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This was his wish all along. HE may not be the mastermind, but he's got a good agent and the *'s can devise the scheme with Rosenhaus.

That's what these agents are for. If he wins a Super Bowl with the Cheats, think about his worth in endorsements vs. what he'd ever make in Raiders' wasteland. There's incentive for everyone involved in this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sources: Pats send WR Thomas to Jets in trade

ESPN

The New England Patriots have agreed to trade wide receiver Demaryius Thomas to the New York Jets, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Pats will get back a 2021 sixth-round pick for Thomas, who was inactive for the team's Week 1 win over Pittsburgh.

Thomas became expendable after New England signed wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Thomas, 31, who tore his Achilles in December, was activated off the physically unable to perform list on Aug. 20. He had seven catches for 87 yards and two touchdowns in the Patriots' preseason finale, which was his first game since the injury.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...mas-jets-trade

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It was planned. He will get his money.

Not sure how the Pats are the problem though. All they do is wait for teams to foolishly release players.

and most will because they need the roster spot more than they need the headache or get back by keeping a player on the roster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Yup.
    Why did he accept the trade in the first place?
    He could have done all that stuff while he was with us.
    He could have demanded being released. He could have told them the only team I'm going to agree to a trade with is New England.
    exactly

plus, he apologized to his raider teammates after the maycok incident. why apologize if his plan was to go to the pats?

only thing he planned was to get paid. he is about the money..... always was, always will be.

once he was fined (voiding the guaranteed portion of his contract) only then did he want his release.

let's be honest, we've been able to listen to him his whole career. He's too f**king dumb to hatch up a scheme like this

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    let's be honest, we've been able to listen to him his whole career. He's too f**king dumb to hatch up a scheme like this
    This ****ing made me laugh...because I agree.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    exactly

plus, he apologized to his raider teammates after the maycok incident. why apologize if his plan was to go to the pats?

only thing he planned was to get paid. he is about the money..... always was, always will be.

once he was fined (voiding the guaranteed portion of his contract) only then did he want his release.

Agreed
    I'd be embarrassed to claim Brown is smart.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Agreed
    I'd be embarrassed to claim Brown is smart.
    Rosenhaus is providing the intelligence. I'd like to know how Brown was accepted into Central Michigan. At the very least, don't you have to be able to spell your name on the application?

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Rosenhaus is providing the intelligence. I'd like to know how Brown was accepted into Central Michigan. At the very least, don't you have to be able to spell your name on the application?

Pappy
    Maybe he learned the 1st 2 letters of the alphabet

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My best friends olde brother coached at Central Michigan when AB was there and said he was always a problem.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    The Cheatriots know how to skirt the rules as close as you can. That's what they have to do these days because if they cross the line and get caught cheating again, the others owners will ban together and stick it to Kraft's team. Rosenhaus worked the deal behind the scenes. Which is what I was telling you guys from the start when he left us.
    I think we probably should have done more to try to keep him too.

But, he's good at making slights against owners, GMs, and coaches so public that the team loses a ton of face by not getting rid of him.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14?highlight=Northern_Blitz+Sean+Peyton[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5?highlight=Northern_Blitz+playoff+wins+peyton[/url]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22[/url]