Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB Not That Much Different Than His Current Coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

AB Not That Much Different Than His Current Coaches

Any one else remember how Belichick was the HC of the Jets for a day?

And how McDaniels screwed over the Colts?

AB's path really isn't all that much different. Maybe NE is where it just works out for jerks.

Everyone's tried to compare AB to Randy Moss. That's not even close. He's more like he coaches, weaseling his way to NE.

And if memory serves correctly, didn't the Pats have to pay a fine or 1st round pick for stealing Belichick from the Jets?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good point. That whole organization is based on a philosophy of win at any cost. If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough. Several people argued with me, saying that there was no way that the cheaters would want AB, when in some ways, they are the perfect landing spot for a guy like that.

I knew as soon as AB posted the fine on Social media and in a fight with Mayock that he was executing a plan, very similar to what he did in Pittsburgh. He knows how to get cut from a team and knows others are out there willing to pay for his services.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A friend of mine went to school with Ty Law and knows Revis and his agent.

He said the whole plan was to basically become a FA and it worked.

AN isn’t crazy, he’s crazy like a fox.

Also read that NE has a 20 mill deal for 2020 if he keeps his head on straight.

Effe that dude. Anyone who manipulates their way onto the Pats is truly a traitor.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    A friend of mine went to school with Ty Law and knows Revis and his agent.

He said the whole plan was to basically become a FA and it worked.

AN isn’t crazy, he’s crazy like a fox.

Also read that NE has a 20 mill deal for 2020 if he keeps his head on straight.

Effe that dude. Anyone who manipulates their way onto the Pats is truly a traitor.
    Yep, he played everyone. And my guess is that Rosenhaus was the brains behind the scenes.

My only hope is that Karma finds a way to make things right. But my guess is that AB will now be the model player and will get his $20M next year and maybe a ring along the way and eventually the hall of fame.

Sometimes, it pays to be an a-hole.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Drew works for the player. Not sure why everyone keeps blaming him for these deals.

This is all on AB.

IMO this was AB wanting some of Ben’s money and not getting it so he threw a tantrum.

We should’ve punished him and let him rot for 8 games.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m happy he’s gone and we have a 3rd round receiver and 5th round tight end instead (plus that extra draft capital allowed Colbert to be comfortable enough to trade up from 20 to 10 to get the LB we really needed). Let him go rot another team from the inside.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

And teams happily enabled AB's moves instead of saying "you're under contract, show up or don't get paid."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's my opinion that the league should fine and suspend him for making threats and racial slurs to a team official. It's conduct unbecoming, IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Drew works for the player. Not sure why everyone keeps blaming him for these deals.

This is all on AB.

IMO this was AB wanting some of Ben’s money and not getting it so he threw a tantrum.

C'mon. Drew works for the player much like Trump works for the people - if it's in his best interest.

Yeah, it's ultimately AB but he's not smart enough to contrive all this on his own. I'm certain that Rosenhaus and others were giving AB all sorts of advice to accomplish the goal of going to the cheaters. The AB ego machine wants to play for the best. Wants to rub it in his former employer's face. Wants his bust in the hall of fame. Whatever can stroke that ego.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

This is all on AB.

But instead we let him skip practices, meetings, video our locker room, throw fits, stay off grounds at tc, etc, etc etc.
    Brown had to go to a team that has enough back bone to discipline him.