Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ben & the receivers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers only ran the ball 13 times while throwing it 47 times.

not the kind of balance you're looking for, but Fichtner wants to keep Ben happy...
    On top of this, the pass plays that were run literally just seemed like some 8 year old kid playing Madden on Xbox. The receivers were not getting any separation so it was just Ben holding onto the ball for what seemed like an eternity then just chucking it up into coverage. No timing patterns, no creativity.

I hate this consipiracy bullcrap, but watching that game really made me think it was an intentionally $hitty game plan. Obviously the sane side of me says you can't just throw away any games, but if they didn't want to show anything specific in week 1 or put anything on tape against the cheaters that they'd want to use later, you could seemingly make that argument. I'm in a internal / mental wrestling match over these two trains of thought, its infuriating.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    On top of this, the pass plays that were run literally just seemed like some 8 year old kid playing Madden on Xbox. The receivers were not getting any separation so it was just Ben holding onto the ball for what seemed like an eternity then just chucking it up into coverage. No timing patterns, no creativity.

I hate this consipiracy bullcrap, but watching that game really made me think it was an intentionally $hitty game plan. Obviously the sane side of me says you can't just throw away any games, but if they didn't want to show anything specific in week 1 or put anything on tape against the cheaters that they'd want to use later, you could seemingly make that argument. I'm in a internal / mental wrestling match over these two trains of thought, its infuriating.
    I would much prefer to believe this, but I honestly believe both Butler and Fichtner brought checkers to a chess match and we just plain sucked.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would much prefer to believe this, but I honestly believe both Butler and Fichtner brought checkers to a chess match and we just plain sucked.
    Josh McDaniels: "Knight to King 3. Check."

Keith Butler: "Go Fish."

Bill Belichick:. "Queen to Rook 5. Checkmate."

Randy Fichtner: "You sank my Battleship!"
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bingo!!!!!!!
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin said his team was unprepared to play. Never forget that.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He actually said the team was not ready for primetime.

It's a common phrase (like SNL referring to themselves as the "Not Ready For Primetime Players").

When you think about a primetime performance, you think about stepping up your game. In this particular Prime Time game, our performance went the complete opposite direction, so this particular turn of phrase actually makes sense.

But if you want to keep parroting that Tomlin proclaimed that he did not prepare his team for this game (and I know you will), carry on...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I’m sure you will remind us all season and put it in your sig.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Simply put, the whole team wet the bed.

The head coach
    The coordinators
    The players on offense
    The players on D
    The ST players
    The guy who restocks the towels in the locker room
    EVERYBODY

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post

I haven't watched the all-22, but both Terrible Podcast and Locked On Steelers report that guys were open on several occasions where Ben was holding it for a while.

I'm sure that's the case at least sometimes because all QBs miss guys sometimes. But I hope that it's not a significant issue going forward.

Not all QBs stay sharp as long as Brady. P. Manning's completion percentage, TDs, air yards, etc. all dropped pretty steeply when he went from 38 to 39. Ben is 37 and has taken significantly more abuse.

I really, really hope this isn't the beginning of the decline. I'm taking solace in the fact that the Pats are very good on D and this was just a bad game (made worse by terrible WR play).

We'll see more as the season wears on.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Legend

User Info Menu

Run abandoned after trying to run the same running play that killed NE last season...I'm sure Bellicheat never prepared for that
    No play action
    No screens
    two 3rd and 1's not converted
    Just our receivers lined up with NE playing man
    McDonald was taken out of the game lined up wide
    It was a pure shltshow on offense
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.