Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben & the receivers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    It's everyone's job to be prepared to play at the professional level. Everyone receives a pay check.

The team was out coached and didn't play well. It happens.
    Who cashed the biggest check on Sunday?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Who cashed the biggest check on Sunday?
    Doubt if anyone cashed a check on Sunday. Probably Monday at the earliest.

Legend

User Info Menu

Rosenhaus cashed the biggest check because he takes his right off the top.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    It's everyone's job to be prepared to play at the professional level. Everyone receives a pay check.

The team was out coached and didn't play well. It happens too often with the Steelers, especially in Foxboro.
    Fixed that for you.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AB? 10 chars

Legend

User Info Menu

NE didn't have to double team a single Steelers receiver during the game. Last game, they doubled both Brown and JuJu. Pretty much tells you the impact AB has on a game plan.
    I will also say I really liked the few times Johnson was in there. That guy has some quicks and sweet hands. Steelers may be forced to bring him along more quickly than they planned if GoodGrief continues to drop passes.

Legend

User Info Menu

“ Good grief” you made me chuckle out loud.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    NE didn't have to double team a single Steelers receiver during the game. Last game, they doubled both Brown and JuJu. Pretty much tells you the impact AB has on a game plan.
    I will also say I really liked the few times Johnson was in there. That guy has some quicks and sweet hands. Steelers may be forced to bring him along more quickly than they planned if GoodGrief continues to drop passes.
    They need to get Johnson more playing time and Washington. GoodGrief needs to ride the pine.

It wasn't long ago where all the fan boys with the Steelers goggles on were saying losing AB and Bell was addition by subtraction.

No it isn't. You don't lose 2 of the best players at their position and get better... You just don't. Dream on people.

Does team chemistry improve? Sure it does.

But team chemistry aside, If AB is on the field, teams have huge matchup problems between him, JuJu and the others.

Do you really think Moncrief aka GoodGrief has the same impact on the field? Lol.

I knew AB was a much bigger loss than Bell. You don't replace him with a scrub.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers only ran the ball 13 times while throwing it 47 times.

not the kind of balance you're looking for, but Fichtner wants to keep Ben happy...

Legend

User Info Menu

steelz... this may very well end up being the way it shakes out in the long run.. but im going to reserve judgement for now.. especially since they didnt get any reps together during the pre season games