Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben & the receivers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Oh yeah? Well, I’m the guy who said we should take Brady!
    lmao... claim that if you wanna, but, mine is on the internet (somewhere). was probably on the PPG board - seems like i was tryna convince one of the beat writers who frequented the board...
    it was really a dumb luck watching him single-handedly keep Purdue in a game where they were clearly outmatched (thinking Michigan state at the time). We were still rolling with Kordell and Maddox and needed a QB.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    lmao... claim that if you wanna, but, mine is on the internet (somewhere). was probably on the PPG board - seems like i was tryna convince one of the beat writers who frequented the board...
    it was really a dumb luck watching him single-handedly keep Purdue in a game where they were clearly outmatched (thinking Michigan state at the time). We were still rolling with Kordell and Maddox and needed a QB.
    link?

just kidding, really good call on brady

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    So, he had returning guys of JuJu, Vance, Washington and Switzer. but, this is all because of timing with Moncrief? Dude, #7 just struggled. That's ok - i think he'll bounce back. But, call a spade a spade on this one.
    This.

And where the heck was Vance?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Too much ice cream and hot-tubbing...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Too much ice cream and hot-tubbing...
    What??????
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Oh yeah? Well, Iím the guy who said we should take Brady!
    Oh yeah? Well, I'm the guy who said we should keep Johnny Unitas!

j/k

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What??????
    You don’t remember the ice-cream truck and hot tub photos from the cookout this offseason?

A whole bunch of feel good stories about players getting along and having chemistry this offseason.

Yet, we really had no idea if it would translate to chemistry on the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seems we heard the same comments about Brady early last season on maybe this was finally the year he shows he's done.
    Fast forward a few games and he and NE are back in conversation about a SB berth.

That look of disinterest by Roethlisberger?... more likely a look of resignation the game was going the way so many games against NE have gone before.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    You don’t remember the ice-cream truck and hot tub photos from the cookout this offseason?

A whole bunch of feel good stories about players getting along and having chemistry this offseason.

Yet, we really had no idea if it would translate to chemistry on the field.
    Gotcha. Switzer hiring an ice cream truck for everyone and receivers meeting up with Ben in Georgia in the offseason.

Since your response immediately followed a “where the heck was Vance?” question, I thought you might be implying that Vance McDonald may have been lounging around eating ice cream this offseason, and I certainly heard no reports of Vance reporting out of shape.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Ben wasn't prepared to play. He had a preseason that didn't prepare him to play. Then Tomlin said the team wasn't prepared to play. Who's responsibility is it to have the team prepared to play?
    It's everyone's job to be prepared to play at the professional level. Everyone receives a pay check.

The team was out coached and didn't play well. It happens.