Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Giants claim Tuzar Skipper off waivers

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Giants claim Tuzar Skipper off waivers

    Giants claim Tuzar Skipper off waivers

    Posted by Charean Williams on September 9, 2019

    The Giants claimed former linebacker Tuzar Skipper off waivers from the Steelers, Field Yates of ESPN reports.

    Skipper signed with the Steelers as an undrafted free agent in May.

    He made Pittsburgh’s initial 53-player roster before the Steelers cut him Saturday.

    Skipper made 90 tackles, 9.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and a defensive touchdown in 24 games over three seasons at Toledo.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-off-waivers/

  2. #2
    Benchwarmer

    User Info Menu

    Good for him.
    He deserves a shot. He should have gotten it from us.
    Last edited by whatever; 09-09-2019 at 05:30 PM.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    great

    really dumb to cut this guy when a stiff like dirty red gets a roster spot

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    great

    really dumb to cut this guy when a stiff like dirty red gets a roster spot
    hahahahahahaha
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  5. #5
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    So who should we pick up now that Dobbs opens a spot on the roster/practice squad?

    Bring Sutton Smith back?
    Pick up a TE?
    Melifonwu was just cut along with an TE Kendricks by the Cheats. Melifonwu is a Safety with some crazy measurables, someone I was hoping they could get in the draft a few years ago. Maybe stick him on the practice squad and see if we can develop him.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I hate this news. I knew this was going to happen. Young guy who could've helped our pass rush. After watching Dud DuPree (matched against a single blocker all night long) be ineffective for all but a couple of plays vs. the Pats, it's obvious we need an upgrade. Skipper looked like he held a lot of promise, but we had to expose him to waivers so we could keep the likes of Big Dan McCullers on board.

  7. #7
    Benchwarmer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I hate this news. I knew this was going to happen. Young guy who could've helped our pass rush. After watching Dud DuPree (matched against a single blocker all night long) be ineffective for all but a couple of plays vs. the Pats, it's obvious we need an upgrade. Skipper looked like he held a lot of promise, but we had to expose him to waivers so we could keep the likes of Big Dan McCullers on board.
    Yes, but McCullers tore it up last night.

  8. #8
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Un-freakin believable.

    At least we have the bum Chickillo and the overpaid lumberjack.

    Another bad decision by the overpaid janitor. Skipper was a good find. Waiting for the gutless Rooney's to sign to to another extension. This team deserves to be embarrassed like they did last night.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I swear. This coaching staff gets dumber and dumber as the moments pass. I just can't wrap my head around this move. I hope they cut Conner and pick up Dri Archer, too. Maybe Sweed, as well.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  10. #10
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Giants claim Tuzar Skipper off waivers

    Posted by Charean Williams on September 9, 2019

    The Giants claimed former linebacker Tuzar Skipper off waivers from the Steelers, Field Yates of ESPN reports.

    Skipper signed with the Steelers as an undrafted free agent in May.

    He made Pittsburgh’s initial 53-player roster before the Steelers cut him Saturday.

    Skipper made 90 tackles, 9.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and a defensive touchdown in 24 games over three seasons at Toledo.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-off-waivers/
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Un-freakin believable.

    At least we have the bum Chickillo and the overpaid lumberjack.

    Another bad decision by the overpaid janitor. Skipper was a good find. Waiting for the gutless Rooney's to sign to to another extension. This team deserves to be embarrassed like they did last night.
    Word- effing mess

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •