Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giants claim Tuzar Skipper off waivers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's not even like it was Dirty Dancing. This was like dancing in the 1800s when people kept a respectable amount of space between them.

Bud is quite the gentleman, but I'd gladly take a 6th round draft pick for him.
    Gotta leave space for the Lord!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And I'm keeping my fingers crossed we bring back Hodges
    We added him to our practice squad today.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    lol. They’d love you down here in the Bible Belt.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I feel so much better about losing Skipper due to Holton being added to the 53an roster.

We signed Jayrone Elliot!

What a consolation prize!

Talk about utter incompetence and mismanagement by Colbert and Tomlin.

This is worse than them getting the $hit kicked out of them by the Pats.

Embarrassing. Just flat out pathetic and embarrassing.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I feel so much better about losing Skipper due to Holton being added to the 53an roster.

We signed Jayrone Elliot!

What a consolation prize!

Talk about utter incompetence and mismanagement by Colbert and Tomlin.

This is worse than them getting the $hit kicked out of them by the Pats.

Embarrassing. Just flat out pathetic and embarrassing.
    Did you factor in that cutting another player might have cap implications? The Steelers don't have a whole lot of room left for dead money to hit their books.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Well, the Lord was impressed with the space between the dance partners then.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers had to know it was a big risk waiving Skipper (all players w/ less than 4 yrs experience have to go through a 24 hour waiver process time before re-signing with the team that cut them and can be picked up by another team). Teams scout the pre-season games.

It's not that I believe Skipper would have necessarily made some huge impact on the D, but why not give him a shot, especially after the preseason he had. And Elliott had been available since August 31 and no team wanted him. He was an un-drafted guy who's played for 5 different teams (Packers, Cowboys, Saints, Dolphins) and an AAF team. Prior to the Steelers; 3 out of 4 teams cut him w/in 1 to 3 months.

Skipper is an unknown but there's still potential to be something. Elliot seems like a known quantity - a player that continually gets cut b/c teams don't believe he's worth their time. Even the lowly Dolphins didn't want him and they are desperate for players.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Steelers had to know it was a big risk waiving Skipper (all players w/ less than 4 yrs experience have to go through a 24 hour waiver process time before re-signing with the team that cut them and can be picked up by another team). Teams scout the pre-season games.

It's not that I believe Skipper would have necessarily made some huge impact on the D, but why not give him a shot, especially after the preseason he had. And Elliott had been available since August 31 and no team wanted him. He was an un-drafted guy who's played for 5 different teams (Packers, Cowboys, Saints, Dolphins) and an AAF team. Prior to the Steelers; 3 out of 4 teams cut him w/in 1 to 3 months.

Skipper is an unknown but there's still potential to be something. Elliot seems like a known quantity - a player that continually gets cut b/c teams don't believe he's worth their time. Even the lowly Dolphins didn't want him and they are desperate for players.
    And I think they cut a vested vet last season to avoid this happening so they know about the 24 hour rule.

I think they figured that Skipper wouldn't get claimed on a Sunday / Monday in week one assuming everyone was satisfied enough with their 53 and would want to see what happens with "their own" instead of picking up a player like Skipper. Clearly a mistake, but the importance is probably being exaggerated on the internet.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14?highlight=Northern_Blitz+Sean+Peyton[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5?highlight=Northern_Blitz+playoff+wins+peyton[/url]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22[/url]